Blind Spot mirror purchase - Gabe
Hi,

i want to purchase a mirror (preferably an internal one) that covers all the blind spots when changing lanes, etc. Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Blind Spot mirror purchase - movilogo
It is possible to set your mirrors in such a way that blind spots are eliminated.

If you mirror is a heated one, probably you better not stick anything over it as will be troublesome to remove later.

Search for "eliminate blind spot" on web and you'll find the settings.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - pyruse
A lot of people set the driver's side mirror so that you can see the side of the car in it, which leaves a blind spot.
It's much better to set it out pretty much as far as it will go - you can tell when it is done right, because a car overtaking you leaves the rear view mirror just as it appears in your door mirror, and it leaves the door mirror just as it appears in the corner of your eye.
Same thing with the near side mirror.

If the mirrors are properly adjusted, there are no blind spots.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - Andrew-T
Those instructions are fine for driving, but mirrors are also used for reversing into spaces, against kerbs, etc. Not convenient to be altering them repeatedly IMHO, so I will keep mine so I can just see the flanks.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - andyfr
Don't people turn their heads to check the "blind spot" anymore?
Blind Spot mirror purchase - jase1
Don't people turn their heads to check the "blind spot" anymore?

Generally yes, but I had a nasty crick in the neck the other day that made that difficult.

I compensated by not overtaking wherever possible, and lived with the pain the rest of the time.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - Altea Ego
That raises a good question in general. At what point does one become "legally unfit to drive"

I know people who have driven with broken arms, broken legs, neck braces, broken ribs migraines, bad backs, bad necks, severe hayfever, etc etc etc

Blind Spot mirror purchase - Dipstick
Blimey. Did they upset the Mafia?
Blind Spot mirror purchase - pyruse
Andrew T wrote:
Those instructions are fine for driving, but mirrors are also used for reversing into spaces, against kerbs, etc. Not convenient to be altering them repeatedly IMHO, so I will keep mine so I can just see the flanks.
-------------------
But you don't need to adjust the mirrors when parking - just move your head a few inches to the side and you can see the flanks.
Seems much more sensible to have the mirrors set for what you do most of the time (driving) rather than what you only do occasionally (parking).
Blind Spot mirror purchase - Andrew-T
>Seems much more sensible to have the mirrors set for what you do most of the time <

I'm happy about that. I just don't form the habit of resetting mirrors whenever a different car movement is called for. One downside to the 'mirrors-out' arrangement is that it aggravates the headlights-approaching-from-behind nuisance, which sometimes forces me to tilt the driver's mirror downwards. Of course under those conditions the blind spot is likely to be fairly unimportant.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - ifithelps
If the mirrors are properly adjusted there are no blind spots. >>

Tend to agree, although I've nearly side-swiped another vehicle when joining a motorway via a slip road.

There's no substitute for a glance over the shoulder.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - Alby Back
Many cars have electrically operated mirrors now. I sometimes drop or adjust the angle of the kerbside one when parking if necessary. I think some "posh" cars do this automatically.
Blind Spot mirror purchase - Happy Blue!
Years ago I bought a round convex mirror to stick on the door mirror outside. I worked very well in eliminating blind spots.