General Q - Where to dispose of a used oil filter? - Chris M
A question for the DIY oil changers here. Where do you dispose of the old filter?

I've always thrown mine in the household waste bin, although I think I may now be breaking a law. Down at the Household Waste Recycling Centre (Tip) there's somewhere for the oil, batteries & tyres, but I've never seen anywhere for the filter.

Any ideas?

Edited by Chris M on 13/09/2008 at 23:10

General Q - Where to dispose of a used oil filter? - Tron
There should also be a 'bin' for the old oil filter at the household recycling site - there is at mine.
General Q - Where to dispose of a used oil filter? - Hamsafar
I put it in the old filter's box and an old carrier bag into the wheeliebin, as it is incinerated at the City's Eastcroft incinerator and will help to heat the homes and provide hot running water for poor people. Check out where your waste goes, not much goes to landfill in some areas.

Edited by Hamsafar on 13/09/2008 at 23:43

General Q - Where to dispose of a used oil filter? - oilrag
Get back at the Friday night lager louts who leave vomit and bags of chips on the pavement for you to walk through on Saturday mornings.

The car would drive through at 30 mph and the dripping filter would exit the window much as their own bags of chips do.

Their Dad`s would then say " You`re well oiled tonight lad"

Edited by oilrag on 14/09/2008 at 08:12

General Q - Where to dispose of a used oil filter? - Roger Jones
"Any ideas?"

At the oil dump in the local waster recycling centre, as it is in my town. If it's not obvious, ask the staff.
General Q - Where to dispose of a used oil filter? - mfarrow
I just bin them - no filter recycling facilities round here.