1995 1.6LX Electric window motor - njwatts
Driver's door electric window motor sluggish - i think this is a common problem.
Are the motors for all the doors interchangeable? Nothing about them is mentioned in the Haynes manual I have. I wondered if i chould simply exchange the driver's door motor with one of the rear ones (or passenger's) and how hard it might be...
1995 1.6LX Electric window motor - scott1s
a liberal spray of silicone lubricant in to the window rubbers should cure this. I always try to do this as a matter of course anyway and have never had any trouble. Damn sight cheaper too . . . . .
a liberal spray of silicone lubricant in to the window rubbers should cure this. I
always try to do this as a matter of course anyway and have never had
any trouble. Damn sight cheaper too . . . . .

Would WD40 have the same effect?
1995 1.6LX Electric window motor - Dynamic Dave
Would WD40 have the same effect?

No. It would leave behind a sticky residue which would attract more dirt and grime and would eventually make matters worse.
a liberal spray of silicone lubricant in to the window rubbers should cure this.

Is it necessary to prise the rubber away from the glass? Then just spray away, both inside and outside? The idea being to reduce friction presumably...
a liberal spray of silicone lubricant in to the window rubbers should cure this.

Having done this 2 or 3 times the window is working much better. thanks.
1995 1.6LX Electric window motor - maximus
I had this problem on 98 primera. I took motor to pieces (not recommended) and it worked for some time but eventually it gave up. Motor was also getting hot. Anyway, sorry I never got round to seeing if it was interchangeable.