01 2.0 very sluggish 110 hdi - bigun
Hi
Could anybody please help me find the cause of my 2001 110 hdi estate not having any power until the revs hit 2800 when the power kicks in and it drives fine. It recently had a new fuel pressure reg fitted by dealer (3 months ago) and a new walker exhaust 2 weeks ago. If i am doing 70 in 5th on a motorway and try to accelerate it will not get above 80 without me dropping into 4th and putting my foot to the floor. Once it hits the 2800rpm power band in any gear the car suddenly picks up and she,s off. as long as i keep the revs up hi it drives fine . but its just not right and its also thirstier when driven like this.
Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated (I havent had it on a fault code reader as yet )

Cheers Bigun
01 2.0 very sluggish 110 hdi - Screwloose

A code-read is the way to start; low-rev loss-of-power can often be the EGR valve stuck open - any black smoke?

Boost sensor, split intercooler and boost hoses are in the frame too.
looks like i will have to go down the code reading route and get back to you
where is the boost sensor and what does it look like? can I change these things or do they have to be coded to car by the dealer?
cheers
Bigun
01 2.0 very sluggish 110 hdi - Screwloose

It's not coded-in; but part-swapping is so NOT the way to go.

A check for oil stains spitting from a leaking boost hose or intercooler isn't hard though; start with the one below the intercooler.
Hi screwloose

Fear not I am not in to used parts. I only wanted to know if I can fit them myself .
But I will wait and get the codes read first
Hi Screwloose
Sorry its taken so long to get back
Took car into dealer and they told me it was air mass meter????
£212 later car is back to normal
£117 of the bill was for putting on diagnostic (seems steep) but I am very happy as the car is back to normal.
cheers
Bigun