Timing belt failures - catalyst
i am about to service my Daewoo Lanos (4 yr service, 18 ooo miles) they are to replace the timing belt. Should not they
replace the tensioners as well ? Has anyone out there had any problems with timing belts on Daewoos, Vauxhalls, etc. ?
Thanks for helping out, Catalyst
Timing belt failures - Chas{P}
Just do a site search for "cambelt failure" and you should see plenty of discussions on this subject. To sum up you cannot be too careful when it comes to cambelt replacement. Certain manufacturers have had to reduce service intervals due to early failures.

I'm not sure exactly what type of engine is fitted to your Lanos but 40,000 miles or 4 years whichever sooner is, in my opinion/experience the absolute safe limit for a Vauxhall type engine.

Hope this helps

Charles
Timing belt failures - catalyst
Thanks a lot Charles I've asked them to change the tensioners and rollers. Daewoo North-east said it would be an extra £100,
I thought it was dear, is that OK to you ?
Thanks again for replying to my message, Yves
Timing belt failures - Chas{P}
Yves

The overall dealer charge for a complete job is between £150 to £200 on top of your service bill depending on the labour charge.

Hope this helps

Charles
Timing belt failures - Peter
As we are on the subject of timing belts, does anyone know the periodicity of timing belt changes on Mitsubishi Carisma 1600cc engines. Miles & or years?

Also what is the torque loading figure for Bosch S4 FR78X plugs, measured in lbs ft.

Thank you in advance.