Final Payments - Renfinmeg
In 2004 obtained megane on finance. In 2007 they changed finance from RFS to RCI. My final payment was due in June 2007. They should have contacted me or tried to take the final payment from my account but did not do so.

Today because I no longer require the vehicle tried to take the car back to the dealer, but was told that I could not leave it with them and to contatct RCI for them to arrange collection. Spoke to RCI and was told that it was my fault that final payment was not paid and that they only thing I could do was to pay the balance. Eventually was told by someone calling themselves Asst Manager of Customer Service to take car to dealer and leave the keys with them and RCI would collect from them. Dealer said not possible so stuck with car. I do not want any advice.

Edited by Webmaster on 07/10/2008 at 01:52

Last two sentences should read as follows

Dealer said not possible so stuck with car I do not want. Any Advice pleae.

Sorry for any confusion.
Final Payments - adverse camber
rfs? rci?

We cant see the contracts that you have signed, we dont know where ownership lies. Quite likely that the car has nothing to do with the dealer.

Read the paperwork
RFS is old finance company

RCI is new finance company

Renault changed finance companies during 2007

Hope that explains it better

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/09/2008 at 22:14

Final Payments - Manatee
RCI is wholly owned by Renault. It was formerly called Nissan Financial Services but 'took over' the business of Renault Financial Services from Capital Bank, owned by HBOS. Exactly how this was structured I don't know, but it seems likely that the accounts were migrated to RCI systems.

Regarding your and their contractual obligations I can't comment as I don't have the contract, nor do I know what has been paid and when. Putting that to one side - you have been told by RCI to leave the car and the keys with the dealer. The dealer says "no". I suggest it's worth trying a call to the contact at RCI to ask him/her to arrange what they have proposed with the dealer. Write a letter to this effect anyway, send it recorded and keep a copy. If it doesn't work write to them again, recorded; tell them where and when the car is available for collection.

It's tempting to say that, if they ignore you it's their problem, but it's better to keep nagging them (on the record of course) to avoid any allegation that you have failed to mitigate your loss if there is a claim against you.

If you can't resolve it quickly, you might tell them you propose to report the whole saga to the FSA - they are almost certainly authorised and regulated by them and I guarantee that RCI will not want to attract the wrong kind of attention from them.

That's the best I can do on the available info, but it's been a long day...

Edited by Manatee on 10/09/2008 at 21:22

Thanks for the advice.

Will try it

Thanks