1996 1.8 Need advice for drivers door window maint - sethwb
Hello and thank you for reading.
Ok here's the deal...

Model & Year: 1996 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6

THE PROBLEM:

I was rolling the window up two days ago when I heard a snapping noise and the window stopped going up (luckily it was almost all the way there).

I'd pay to have it fixed if I could afford it, but I'd like to try and get the door panel removed and fix it myself.

I've unscrewed all 6 (side and bottom) screws along the sides of the inner door panel. I can pull it out about an inch on most places where it looks like the plastic clips are either broken or detached. How do I proceed in taking the door panel off completely?

Key words for this type of problem (to help other newbies find this post in the future): driver door panel removal window fix fell off track how to
1996 1.8 Need advice for drivers door window maint - VR6
I'm assuming it is the same for your Jetta as my Mk3 Golf.

You need to remove the screws which hold the inner door handle on. Get a screwdriver and prise off the plastic cover to the door handle. Underneath the cover there are 3 or 4 screws which you need to remove.

If you have electric windows - you need to make sure that you remove the window switch carefully as you dont want to rip it off when taking the door card off.

Other - unscrew plastic door lock pin.

You can leave the speaker in the door if you are carfull when removing the door card, but I just take the speaker out first (noting which wire goes where)