04 1.9 Forecourt Diesel Pump Cuts out all the time - charlesb
OK, I've been living with this for a while, but fortunately, the mileage is low on the Touran now, so it's an annoyance only once in a while.

Whenever I fill up at any petrol station with Diesel, the pump cuts out at very low fill rate. i.e. I'm pulling the pump handle so gently that the flow of diesel means I can take 10 minutes filling the tank from empty to 50 Litres.
If I squeeze any harder, it cuts out constantly, even at the low flow rate it still cuts out occasionally.

I cannot understand why this is happening, the fuel isn't blocking the airhole cutout, as the tank is usually empty. It's not the pump, as I fill up my other Citroen at the same pump, same petrol station, so it's something with the Touran's tank or inlet pipe which is to blame

Any ideas anyone. More of an annoyance, and I'm loathe to take it to VW as they'll probably find an expensive problem to fix on this 4 year old car

Thanks
Charles
04 1.9 Forecourt Diesel Pump Cuts out all the time - Altea Ego
Didnt happen much on mine charles b. HOWEVER, the pipe bends down quite sharply quite early, so on pumps where it did happen I turned the pump nozzzle sideways so it pointed down the pipe rather than at the bend (if that makes sense)
04 1.9 Forecourt Diesel Pump Cuts out all the time - Armitage Shanks {p}
Don't put the nozzle of the pump so far into the car filler and/or do what AE suggests at the same time