No fault accident advice please - nfarmer
My wife had a car run into the back of Rover Streetwise last week. The other driver has admitted liability.

We have been provided with a hire car via HelpHire

The Streetwise is at the bodyshop and we have had a 'cash in lieu' circa £2.5k offer from insurance companyas the bodypanels needed are on indefinate back order. We have disputed the car is roadworthy as we think the hatchback will no longer keep exhaust fumes out of the car - this is yet to be resolved.

So if we accept we will have a damaged car returned. I would think worthless and unsalable and the cash offer too low to fund a replacement. insurance company tell us its their decision to offer cash etc which appear correct from policy booklet.

Advice needed in how to deal with insurance company. Firstly should we not accept the car back with cash if not roadworthy (No brainer I think). Secondally how do we get insurance company to 'write off' the car and give us a reasonable settlement.

Obviously we will need to go after the other driver for policy excess and compensation to cover difference between insurance company payout and the cost of replacement car
No fault accident advice please - cheddar
Do you have legal cover, if so call them.

It can sometimes work in your favour to take back the damaged car if it is road worthy though need careful consideration. I.e, you would need to find out if the car would appear on the insurance databse as accident damaged becuase that would effect its value. Though if you can source a secondhand hatch from a breaker you may get the car road worthy and 95% as good as it was and have £2500 to pocket.
Unfortunalty no legal cover - left off by accident we have it on the other insurance policies its not the hatch I wish it was its the back panel and floor.
No fault accident advice please - Bill Payer
Can't Hlephire help you with this - these outfits are basically ambulance chasers who help bump up everyone's insurance costs, so shouldn't they be doing the running around?
No fault accident advice please - oldnotbold
Assemble trade (not private) ads from Autotrader for cars of similar age/mileage, and submit to the insurer.

What is your valuation of the car?
Dont know yet starting to investigate today