03 110 hdi - anti pollution fault - sedohr
my 110 hdi 2003 307 has engine management light on and keeps on flashing up anti pollution fault. the car is in limp mode. it has done 60 thousand mile and i have filled the seruim tank my self and had a re generation cycle done by a mate at a local garage. he used to work at peogoet and borrowed the soft ware, but it would not perform the cycle on its own so he took it for a spin and ran it down the motorway for several miles at high revs per minute. he said it had done it but 3 weeks later the aunti pollution light is on again and the car is in limp mode again.
can any one shed any light on this matter "screw loose". i dont know what to do for the best. i dont want to go to peogoet as for fear of being robbed and fobbed off. i called in to ask some questions and without even looking at it they told me that it would probably need a new particulate filter. i asked them if the computer would definatly tell them that the particulate was at fault and they said that it would piont them in the right direction. i rest my case.
please help.

Edited by Pugugly on 06/09/2008 at 00:14

03 110 hdi - anti pollution fault - Screwloose
sedohr

[Stick some paragraphs in...]

OK; this is, presumably, an RHS if it has a FAP?

An A-P fault can be almost anything - not necessarily a FAP/additive issue. [20-odd codes out of 3000] What was the original fault-code? Although a blocked FAP can; additive codes won't instigate limp-home.

After refilling the Eolys; the additive quantity must be reset in the additive ECU - if it will...!! A re-gen, forced or otherwise, isn't going to suffice.

If your friend's scanner was able to even try a forced re-gen; then it must be well able to display the reason for the current problem without having to resort to dealers.

Edited by Screwloose on 06/09/2008 at 00:51

sounds like you know this sort of thing quite well, being a bit of a novice not quite sure what is meant by a FAP and RHS? would appreciate a translation.
Cheers
RHS - the all-important engine code that IDs what's fitted. Found in the VIN number.

FAP - Filtre Aux Particulates. A PSA name for their special DPF.

Use "Forum Search" for "FAP" - lots in the archive.

Edited by Screwloose on 06/09/2008 at 19:13

hi there screwloose,
the vin no. of my 110 hdi 307 is "VF33CRHSB82913674" so your assumptions were right.
I have taken the EGR valve off to check it. it is free as a whistle and the vacuum works perfectly but i can blow through it very faintly with all my might when closed. I have cleaned it with emery and i can still blow through it. what problems would this cause if it was used on the car. I dont want to put it back on if it is knackard, but on the down side i dont want to buy a new one if it will do as ive been quoted £200.00 for the valve.
i am still trying to find out what the fault codes where when the diog. was done.

How did the EGR valve come into it??
screwloose
the garage that did the test for me where insistant that the major fault was the egr valve. it had flaged up a fault regaurding this.

rather than pay them to do the job ive removed it myself and now i have put it back on.

still no power, no turbo but am not in limp mode.
what the hell can it be.

the fault codes are coming tommorrow when garage opens.
hi screw loose,

after my last visit to the garage i have removed the egr valve, cleaned and put back as i said.
after the diog. all codes were reset, now bearing in mind that i had sensors un plugged at the front of the engine just to see if it made any diference these are the fault codes that are present at the moment, the fault codes that were their before have been thrown away on a peice of paper so i cant tell you what they were.
here goes;
P0403 EGR VALVE CIRCUIT.
P0246 BOOST PRESSURE TOO LOW.
P0235 MAP SENSOR CIRCUIT.
P1458 WATER CIRCUIT SOLENIOD VALVE.
P0110 INTAKE AIR SENSOR.
P0100 AIR MASS SENSOR CIRCUIT.

AT THE MOMENT THEIR IS NO ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON BUT I STILL HAVE NO POWER FROM THE ENGINE.
IT WILL REV THROUGH THE RANGE BUT NO TURBO AT ALL.
THEIR IS NO SMOKE EITHER.
WHILST ON DIOG TODAY WE TRIED TESTING VARIOUS SOLENIOD CIRCUITS NONE OF WHICH WOULD PERFORM, ALMOST LIKE NO SIGNAL.
CAN YOU SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS.

Hmm; most of those can be blamed on unplugging with the key on; but P0246 can't.

If there's no light on; then the low power can't be blamed on limp-home, so the next test is to watch the MAP/boost level in live-data - or attach a gauge direct.
Where and what type of gauge do i connect.
The owner of the garage is getting bothered with me keep coming and using man hours up for free which i can understand.
i need to try and do this myself and then go back for another reading when i think ive got somewhere.

{Shouting corrected}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/09/2008 at 22:06

A pressure gauge would be best; hook it in anywhere you can in the post-turbo ducting.

I'm not surprised the garage is getting reluctant to use their expensive kit for nothing; try giving them something.....
ive already paid £35 for the diog. but they wanted to change the egr valve, im not convinced that this would have solved the problem, thats why im trying to do the donky work my self.
ill pay for another diog if it will tell me exactly what is wrong but i dont think it will.
whats your location screwloose, do fancy a look at it.
Ill pay of course...
Hi there screwloose;

dont know what has happened but i took the car down the motorway today for a blast and no difference, i went to visit a friend and told him all about what has gone on.

When i left my friends to my amazment all the power is back. turbo working, like their was nothing wrong.
im now waiting for the aunti polution fault message to come on again.
I hope it doesnt of course.

I would just like to thank you for your advise and we may speak again in the near future.

thanx again.......................

You know what they say - "that's what friends are for..."

[It's French - of course it's temperamental... It'll be back.]
03 110 hdi - anti pollution fault - prieur
salut vis desserrée, après ma dernière visite au garage j'ai enlevé la vanne EGR, nettoyé et remis comme je l'ai dit. après la Diog. tous les codes de remise à zéro, maintenant gardant à l'esprit que je devais capteurs non branché à l'avant du moteur, juste pour voir si elle a fait une diference ce sont les codes d'erreur qui sont présents à l'heure actuelle, les codes d'erreur qui ont été avant leur ont été jeté sur un morceau de papier, donc je ne peux pas vous dire ce qu'ils étaient. va ici; P0403 circuit de la vanne EGR. P0246 PRESSION TROP FAIBLE BOOST. P0235 CIRCUIT CAPTEUR MAP. P1458 CIRCUIT D'EAU SOLENIOD VALVE. P0110 CAPTEUR DE PRISE D'AIR. P0100 CAPTEUR DE CIRCUIT D'AIR DE MASSE. AU MOMENT DE LEUR A PAS DE LUMIERE DE GESTION MOTEUR ALLUME MAIS je n'ai toujours pas la puissance du moteur. Il sera REV A TRAVERS LA GAMME MAIS NON TURBO DU TOUT. LEUR SOIT n'ya pas de fumée. TOUT SUR Diog Aujourd'hui nous avons essayé divers essais CIRCUITS SOLENIOD NONE exerceraient, presque comme NO SIGNAL. PEUT-vous nous éclairer à ce sujet.
salut vis desserrée, après ma dernière visite au garage j'ai enlevé la vanne EGR, nettoyé et remis comme je l'ai dit. après la Diog. tous les codes de remise à zéro, maintenant gardant à l'esprit que je devais capteurs non branché à l'avant du moteur, juste pour voir si elle a fait une diference ce sont les codes d'erreur qui sont présents à l'heure actuelle, les codes d'erreur qui ont été avant leur ont été jeté sur un morceau de papier, donc je ne peux pas vous dire ce qu'ils étaient. va ici; P0403 circuit de la vanne EGR. P0246 PRESSION TROP FAIBLE BOOST. P0235 CIRCUIT CAPTEUR MAP. P1458 CIRCUIT D'EAU SOLENIOD VALVE. P0110 CAPTEUR DE PRISE D'AIR. P0100 CAPTEUR DE CIRCUIT D'AIR DE MASSE. AU MOMENT DE LEUR A PAS DE LUMIERE DE GESTION MOTEUR ALLUME MAIS je n'ai toujours pas la puissance du moteur. Il sera REV A TRAVERS LA GAMME MAIS NON TURBO DU TOUT. LEUR SOIT n'ya pas de fumée. TOUT SUR Diog Aujourd'hui nous avons essayé divers essais CIRCUITS SOLENIOD NONE exerceraient, presque comme NO SIGNAL. PEUT-vous nous éclairer à ce sujet.

c est la sonde a oxygene situe sur le catalyseur qui declenche toute les anomalies par rappot au calculateur moteur controler la durite du turbo a cote de celle du filtre a air car le melange air et gasoil n est bon fuite d air et trop de gasoil

ABS light - anti pollution fault - carwontwork

I've been getting my ABS light on and off for a while now have had all breaks done track rod ends needed a new vanbelt and took out the aircon and a pulley that tge vanbelt connected onto as that was the only way the mechanic said he could do it the light has never went off i spent £400 on it already getting things done and now this anti pollutin fault light came up today the car was driving very slowly what does this mean? do you know ?? i want to get this car fixed... havent even had it 6 months :(

03 110 hdi - anti pollution fault - dcauto
not telling enough u need to get the ecu checked with diagnostic check 30-40 euro just because its say polluant on the dash dosnt mean it needs to be regenerated it could be serveral other things the particle filter is a problem with these but if the car is doing the regenerate cycle turn on everything lights heater all electrics the harder the engine has to work the better to clean the filter but it mite not be it at all i need to know what the ecu says and the milage and i solve it for ya i work for peugeot
dcauto
the car is fine now, but what exactly do you need to know from the ecu.
the problem might come back again.

If you can tell me what the problem might be i can check it if it goes wrong again.

03 110 hdi - anti pollution fault - prieur

le melange air et gasoil n est pas bon fuite air quelque part trop de gasoil

03 110 hdi - anti pollution fault - Rune Bjorndal

Hi there

I have had this car for 8 years and have had the same Anti Pollution Faults as anyone else. However I loved this car's handling performance so well I couldn't get rid of it.So I spent quite a lot of time figuring out what could cause this fault .

I have replaced Everything. Rusty exhaust-pipes could maybe cause earth-fault to the temp.sensor on the FAP-filter. Reset of the codes worked for a while. I did swap two of the egr valves in the front of the engine. That worked for a while.

But what solved the problem permanetly was that I studied the hose connections of the egr valves, 8 hoses on 4 valves. On 2 of the valves the hoses were put on the wrong way. Took a while to figure that out. After that the engine ran flawless the last 3 years before i sold it for a 508.

Really hope this works out for you. The engine is great in these cars, but they need to be set up the right way, off course.