2001 1.4 cooling fans do not start - Vicente Rosa
Fabia 2001 1.4i cooling fans do not start, I changed the fans switch, and the coolant sensor is working fine, but the fans some times work property. Some times do not works for days.

I need help,

Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/09/2008 at 14:44

2001 1.4 Fabia 2001 1.4i cooling fans do not start - Screwloose

Does the engine boil when they don't come on?
2001 1.4 Fabia 2001 1.4i cooling fans do not start - Vicente Rosa
Yes, the engine boil

Does bridging the wires to the fan switch make the fans run?
Yes, and I found a 2 relays box, near the fans switch, if I close one of then the fans start working.

Then check the thermostat and the water pump are working correctly. Water pump failure is common.

If hot water doesn't flow through the radiator properly, then the fan switch will not get hot enough to turn the fans on - even though the engine is boiling.
2001 1.4 Fabia 2001 1.4i cooling fans do not start - doctorchris
You're a smart man, Screwloose.
I like to read this kind of thread, even when the make of car or particular fault is not immediately relevant to me, as the advice may come in handy at a later date.
Ciao!
I changed the thermostat and the water pump is working correctly, the hot water flow through properly but the engine boils.
I wired the positive directly from the battery to the fans and the engine work correctly.
There are 2 relays box near the radiator, if manually I close one of then, (with the normal wired) the fans start working.

Do you have the electrical diagram? Thanks, I?ll be waiting for your help.

Thanks.

Vicente Rosa

If the fan switch has been replaced and bridging the wires at the switch makes the fans run - then the system is working, but the switch can't be getting hot enough to switch the fans on.

Failed plastic water pump impellors are very common. The fans are only needed when stationary. Making them run all the time is easy - but it only masks the true fault.