1999 1.6 - Remote key problems - nik_m
I have lost the programming for my remote key when I changed the battery.

I have tried the suggested method of reprogramming by turning the ignition from position 0 to II four times and hear the first bong. However when I press the buttons on the key I dont hear the second bong confirming the reprogramming and the fob still does not work. Any ideas, am I missing something?

The key will still unlock the car manually and will start the engine. It is the three button ford key with unlock, lock and boot buttons on it.

Thanks!

Edited by nik_m on 27/08/2008 at 13:24

1999 1.6 - Remote key problems - Galaxy
Did you use the information given here?

www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm

Click on "General Information" and then "Programming Remote Central Locking Key Fobs"

Although this relates to a Mondeo I believe the Focus uses exactly the same alarm system.

This is what I used and it worked.

Edited by Galaxy on 27/08/2008 at 13:35

I tried this method, I get the first bong to show the car is in programming mode, however the LED above the clock does not stay on and pressing the buttons on the remote does not cause another bong to sound.
I'm not too sure where the "bongs" come in!

This is what I did:

Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:

Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.
During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.
Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.
Cheers Galaxy,

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work, when I take the key out after turning from position 0 to II and back four times the warning system LED does not come on to indicate "learn mode", it just flashes as it usually would. However it does 'bong' once (the same tone as if you leave the headlights on) immediately after you complete the fourth switch back to 0. Pressing the buttons on the remote has no effect. Still very frustrating!
nic_m,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not having much luck with this. I don't know what else to suggest, except just to mention one thing.

Are you quite sure that you're doing the four switch movements all within 3 seconds? That's actually pretty fast and I found when I did it that it took a couple of tries to achieve it.

Other than that, Ford Main Dealer?

1999 1.6 - Remote key problems - m_sav

Hi I'm sorry with this being an old thread but nik_m did you find a solution to this? I know what you mean with the bong happening but the LED won't stay on as my focus is the same position. Seems like it must be in programming mode with the bong but it just wont reprogramme my key. Really frustrating as I have been googling for answers for a while now, really missing the remote locking.