Audi A6 & BMW 5 series- when are new versions due? - jushef
For my next company car I'm looking at either A6 or 5 series. Does anyone know when new versions of both cars are expected, to give me an idea for how long I will have the 'current' model?
Cheers
Audi A6 & BMW 5 series- when are new versions due? - Pugugly
New 5 comes out in 2010. Current one is a cracking car dependent on engine - and looks good in certain colours.
Audi A6 & BMW 5 series- when are new versions due? - gmac
New A6 is due in October see:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=66...8
Audi A6 & BMW 5 series- when are new versions due? - jushef
Thanks gmac - I thought the October A6 was just a facelift, and wondered when the next major change is expected?
Audi A6 & BMW 5 series- when are new versions due? - gmac
It appears to be more than a facelift with single engines replacing multiple choices but given that it is coming out this autumn then a major reworking is going to be at least 18 months off.

Edited by gmac on 26/08/2008 at 23:58

Audi A6 & BMW 5 series- when are new versions due? - Slightlyfatdirector
Hi Jusef,

The BM is (depending on the size of engine you are after) the cheaper car to run and is absolutely stuffed with standard equipment.

It seems that the closer to a car's replacement you get, the standard spec of the out going car improves.

As you are to run it as a company car it is worth looking at the current 5 series. On the 520d the co2 emmisions are at just 140g. This means company car tax, even with it's high list price, very very low. If you are paying 40% tax it works out almost £100 a month cheaper in company car tax to you personally to run than the 2.0d Audi. The Audi engine is low power and unrefined whereas the BMW engine is nearly 180hp (about the same as the 2.7TD engine you can also get in the Audi) and as sweet and quiet as can be.

Your employer should be pleased with the claimed 53 mpg too from the BMW.

I bought a 520d SE Touring recently and had thought about waiting for the new BM. What changed my mind was that the standard equipment on the 2.0d SE would probably be less than on the current car, the list price would probably be higher and discounts hard to find for a year or two. Also whilst waiting two years I would have paid the Chancellor a few thousand pounds in personal company car tax on my previous car that was less efficient.

Depending on the broker / dealer you should get circa 10% off list at the moment and there is a cheap upgrade for a 6CD changer and Sat Nav for £350 (should be over £1,600). It seemed a no-brainer to me and I am delighted with the car. 8,000 miles in, averaging nearly 47mpg (not any long trips recently to get this up yet - lots of nasty slow traffic commuting), supreme comfort and a great involving drive when you want it.