Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - oilrag
Not the codes, faults and so on.. Rather the human interest story.

Did you really creep up the Motorway out of Leeds at a steady 40mph, like a three legged donkey? With hideous bray and raucous cry and so on...

Or did it just lisp quietly along like mine did transfixing you with its petulance and imposed risk.

Put simply, what`s your tale of its bad behaviour?
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - Alby Back
I could relate tales of the Espace I had Oily but the memories are just too painful, even after nearly 7 years. I don't think my automotive emotions will ever fully recover !

The very sight of one gives me a nervous tic.

Never have I felt so much hatred for a machine. I think it must have been mutual. It "limped" with such monotonous regularity that had it been a horse it would have been shot.

;-)
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - oilrag
What speed could it limp at Humph? (I`m interested in the general trend of available power and speed)
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - Alby Back
Don't want to talk about it anymore really ! But...... about 35 mph from Dunflippindee overnight in midwinter to London comes to mind. tic tic tic.........
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - Pugugly
Is that why they invented shoes with velcro straps ?
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - gordonbennet
Never been into limp mode in a car of my own, but no doubt the dubious pleasures of that will come in due course, not having any cars modern enough to have limp mode helps.

The last 2 times i've had recovery breakdowns the ecu had packed up (twice 2 nights in a row) in a Swedish truck (after fitting the second brand new ecu they found the injection pump was shorting out) , and in a similar model truck i had the pleasure of a 7 hour trip back from Lowestoft to Northants in that snowy January afternoon when the M11 froze over completely 5 or so years ago and i went over hill and dale ducking and diving my way around with the engine down to 5 cyls then 4 cyls and trying to keep the wheels turning in 6" of snow, not easy, but i did get home the scenic way.

And i still remember the charming and beautiful lady at Kneesworth who brought out a flask of tea and a plate of bikkies for me and another truck driver who couldn't proceed any further up the A1198, and had to wait an hour before we could turn around and slither off the other way.
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - billy25
A built-in Limp home mode?? - you spoilt people!!

Once owned a "Herald" which had a peculiar nasty habit of devouring the capacitator in the Distributor with un-nerving regularity every 5-6 miles, from which point onwards it went like "Skippy crossed with a learner" and you suffered severe whiplash injuries.
Never could find the reason or cause of the problem, but changing it became routine and we could do it in literally a minute! this cured the problem for a few minutes before it ate the next one!. It soon became a saturday morning ritual that my mates and i trolled all the scrapyards in the area gathering up a supply to last the week.
One memorable trip from Bowness to Lancaster took us six hours and at least 20 capacitators!! - oh for limp home mode in 1974!!

Billy
Limp mode, the movie - beyond the codes - Kiwi Gary
Fortunately I never had to use limp-home, but the Australian Fords of the 1990's had separate electronic controllers for the engine and gearbox. If the engine controller crashed, it defaulted to 2000 rpm, and if the gearbox controller crashed it defaulted to third. It would have made interesting driving, because 2000 rpm in top gear exceeeded the speed limit. { But Officer, I was just limping along !! } The 4-litre six would go anywhere in third, just a bit pricey in petrol.