96 1.25 no power to tailgate - gouger
Hi,just bought a festa 1.25 ghia on an n.Remote tailgate switch inop.Spoke to local dealer who said change switch or control unit in tailgate.Guess what neither has worked!!However i have now noticed rear wiper is inop too.Anyone got any idea?Cheers

Edited by Pugugly on 25/08/2008 at 22:16

96 1.25 No Power To Fiesta Tailgate - jc2
Usually bad earth on tailgate;IIRC only earths thro' hingepins-take them out and clean them or fit a little earth lead between tailgate and body.Run a piece of wire from body to tailgate and see if everything works!!
96 1.25 No Power To Fiesta Tailgate - pmh
Also try cleaning up the sprung contacts brass/copper, make sure that the springs spring.

pmh
96 1.25 No Power To Fiesta Tailgate - DP
Also try cleaning up the sprung contacts brass/copper make sure that the springs spring.

Agreed. WD40 and wire wool does the trick nicely. The contact pad on the tailgate sill is usually corroded and sometimes full of rubbish.

Cheers
DP
96 1.25 No Power To Tailgate - Victorbox
Or if no other suggestion works - if tailgate cables bend through some rubber trunking between body & tailgate (usually at top), expect one or all of the cables to have broken over time or at least to have blown a fuse.
96 1.25 No Power To Tailgate - gabble
I had exactly the same problem jc2 describes a few years ago on the mrs Fiesta.

The friendly service manager at the local ford shop I phoned suggested soaking the tailgate hinges in wd40 and knocking the hinge pin left and right with a hammer to move the rust around and re-make the contact.

It worked a treat, but left me wondering why the friendly service manager didn't just get his technicians to oil the hinges when they had the car in for service as a preventative measure...

gabble.