01 1.6 Front wipers not working - Terry_collins
Hi,

I am a owner of HONDA CIVIC 1.6 SE VTEC (Y-REG 2001) and for the last few weeks my front workers are not working properly. Only the fast mode on the wiper works but i cannot turn off the wipers or put in either slow or intermittent mode. I showed the car to a mechanic who said that the relay has gone and for me to buy the part from Honda but he will not be back for 3 weeks as he is going on holida. I took the car to Honda who did not know how many pins my relay needed and asked for one of their mechanics to have look. The Honda mechanic said that my whole fuse box has gone and the parts department told me it would £283 for the part. It sounded like a rip off so i did not order the part. I took my car to another mechanic and he advised me to buy a wiper stalk which he fitted but still the same problem, he also checked the fuse box and the relays inside the car and the one fusebox under the bonnet still the same problem. I have now just bought a front wiper motor and am taking this to the mechanic later this week. Does this sound right so far? Is there any other issues that i may have missed? My MOT is due in 3 weeks time and i would like to get this sorted.
01 1.6 Front wipers not working - Collos25
The first diagnosis sounds correct not difficult for a reasonable competent mechanic to discover the fault .You need a avo meter in line to measure the current to the wiper motor at the different speeds you can also test the motor windings at the same time.
01 1.6 Front wipers not working - Terry_collins
The wiper motor replacement (Cost me £40) fixed the issue as a few of the pins stopped working. I have learnt that the Honda dealer in are more interested in trying to sell parts which are working perfectly fine than actually repair a problem.