06 1.2 Is there a pollen filter on 2006 Polos? - Snakey
I've looked all over my 2006 1.2 E Polo to find the pollen filter, and checked the manual but I still can't find it!

Before I ring a dealer and make a fool of myself, does anyone know if it even has one?
06 1.2 Is there a pollen filter on 2006 Polos? - Dynamic Dave
According to puravent there is, and info on how to change it.

www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=1...8

06 1.2 Is there a pollen filter on 2006 Polos? - Snakey
Ta - I've looked there but I'll check again! I couldn't see any catches or holding clips.
06 1.2 Is there a pollen filter on 2006 Polos? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Is it sometimes the case that cars with a/c have pollen filters and cars with no a/c don't? Just a thought
06 1.2 Is there a pollen filter on 2006 Polos? - Jeremy H

Oh yes indeedy. Hang upside down in the passenger foot-well and look up towards the car's centreline. See the plastic cover running front-rear with a slide clip on each end. Slide these clips together so they meet in the middle and pull/slide the cover off downwards.

Pinch the thin plastic flap visible (on bottom of filter) and pull all the way down and out. The flat filter element only just clears the floor, but it's okay. Look at it in horror and throw away, as you will already have visited you local motor shop (not Halfords) and bought for eg MAN C2295/3 for about £7.81p.

Reverse to insert new filter. It looks much the same any way round but it fits only one way. Compare with old filter how it emerged. Filter is a firm fit so stays in while you offer up the cover. Note that its turned over end with slide channels only fits one way, that's with this end towards you (to back of car). Push in, spread the slide clips to either end and that's it.

VW suggests 20,000 mile replacement intervals and at 43,000 miles on my Polo I reckon that's right, but check sooner as you may be in dustier conditions.

All the best.

Jeremy