03 1.8 tdci cold running problem - purpleminipanda73
hello can you help i have a2003 1.8 tdci ,when i start it in the morning from cold it smokes bangs and clatters and misses this lasts about a min or so then the car runs starts and drives fine for the rest of the day thanks from chris ?

Edited by Webmaster on 26/07/2008 at 17:21

03 1.8 focus 1.8 tdci problem - Screwloose

A number of possibilities; but air getting in, as the diesel drains back overnight, is one possibility.

Has it had the cam sensor changed to the new type?
03 1.8 focus 1.8 tdci problem - purpleminipanda73
hello thanks for your reply ive only had the car about a month and the problem started about two weeks ago the car has done 129000 miles but has full service history ,been looking through the history and it has had two problems this year one of which was a breakdown where it had a new sensor camshaft position that was 7000 miles ago and the was five thousand miles ago where it had a new fuel metering valve hope this helps many thanks from chris ?

Edited by Pugugly on 26/07/2008 at 22:12

03 1.8 focus 1.8 tdci problem - BenG
Could be worth checking the glow plugs as well. Is it worse on a cold day? Does the car take a lot of churning over on the starter before it catches?
03 1.8 focus 1.8 tdci problem - purpleminipanda73
hello thanks for your reply no it seems the same what ever the weather and starts straight away so i dont think it will be to do with the glow plugs but many thanks from chris