Bleeding Brakes 2 - Darcy Kitchin
Yes, I am a happy bleeder. (Can't milk this joke any further)
Gunson Ezibleed arrived 3 days after placing order on Internet for £15 incuding delivery, and worked just as you all said it would. Fluid was a bit soup-like from the rears and the pedal is better than it's ever been.
Incidentally, to my shame, I was alerted to the problem when Madame (the wife) drove the car. She said "can you adjust the brake pedal, it's too long (!), it nearly goes into the carpet". Thinking about it, I had been unconciously pumping the pedal in normal use. This is a major safety feature of the Synergie, it's so b----y slow you never need much braking effort.
Many thanks to all who replied to the earlier thread.
Re: Bleeding Brakes 2 - Brian
You've obviously done a good bleeding job, boyo!
Re: Bleeding Brakes 2 - Andrew Hamilton
If you left it a long time I would be worried about the absorbed water corroding the moving parts and causing the rubber seals to fail. Whenever I buy a second hand car I find the brake fluid is the original even at 4 years old. The resulting corrosion leads to later seal failure. As it is so easy to bleed the system, I wonder why so many garages do not do it as part of the service. Sometimes I have the old garage bills given to me and no mention of brake fluid bleeding or changing appears on them!
Re: Bleeding Brakes 2 - David Lacey
That's why my workshop invoices state Carry out ****** mile service including Replace Brake Fluid - and yes it is actually carried out!
Re: Bleeding Brakes 2 - John Slaughter
Certainly Vauxhall and BMW list a 2-yearly brake fliud change as a service operation. However, on my company owned Vauxhall this wasn't done - I imagine the lease companies don't want to pay for any more than they have to!

On the BMW, a service light comes up on the dash - so it's slightly less easy to ignore!

Regards

John