02 1.8 Speedo reading been replaced by two dashes - matt1
I'm hoping anyone can advise on what to do next. Speedo reading on my Pistachio seems to have disappeared (apart from v. briefly when you switch the ignition on) and then just appears as two dashes. The handbrake warning message also comes on when you start it up (which it didn't do before )

cheers matt

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/07/2008 at 01:21

02 1.8 Speedo reading been replaced by two dashes - avensonian
Just a suggestion but I'd try disconnecting the battery, waiting for a few minutes and reconnecting. Its under ther front passenger seat. The theory is it'll re-initialise the electrics.
02 1.8 Speedo reading been replaced by two dashes - Armitage Shanks {p}
PS and it might lose you the radio code, if the car has one. Check before you disconnect!
02 1.8 Speedo reading been replaced by two dashes - pmh
I suggest that you post your query on the Picasso site

www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso/index.php?act=idx

Several contributors on that site are full time Citroen technicians and have a wealth of correct advice, 'kfk' has a particularly good track record.

The correct sequence for battery disconnection reconnection is complex - see posting 14 in the FAQs. (Link below). Take generic advice at your own risk.

www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso/index.php?showto...6

pmh
02 1.8 Speedo reading been replaced by two dashes - avensonian

The advice to which you refer is clearly general and not specific to the picasso, even though it appears on the picasso owners website. It states 'if the battery is under the bonnet' --- picassos have the battery under the front passenger seat.

During my 6 years of picasso ownership I disconnected the battery 3 times with no ill effects. I assume an owner looking to do diy repairs on a car has the common sense to keep a note of his radio code.

I think disconnecting the battery will probably cure the problem. It cured a similar one for me. The owners handbook contains all the advice you need about disconnecting.

Edited by Pugugly on 24/07/2008 at 20:41