2001 1.8 think electronic problems - chrissie
I have a 2001 yellow, yes yellow, tt roadster 225, it as 18.000 on the clock, i love it, but falling out due to i think electronic probs. not all the time but alot, when i start the car there is are no dials working, no petrol/heat/mileage, usually when i have driven for awhile suddenley they all start working, sometimes when i try to start it, i get the first brum out of the engine as it turns over then dies, been to one mechanic and he put on a computer, nothing coming up wrong, so we have:- not starting. dials working now and again, it is a loose wire, is it the management control, is it a key thing., or is it just magic :-). Any one had the same problem? thought about putting it into my local audi garage, but just been ripped off by them. any ideas would be appreciated as i am a women who does alot of miles on her own and need it to start. cheers
2001 1.8 think electronic problems - Screwloose
chrissie

Intermittent faults are always the hardest to find; but the dash-pods do fail rather a lot on these - and they contain the immobilizer. Repeated fire-up-and-then-cut is an immob problem's trademark.

Dash power feed fuses and earths want checking first; but it's likely that you'll need:-

www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?D...0
Thanks for your reply, will start with your suggestions, regards chrissie
thought i would update especially any tt owners, seemingly the dashpod as been a problem from the start, when i phoned audi about my problem car, they took my details and phoned me back, due to the car recently being into audi, the problem was found with the pod, no one told me when i picked the car up from a service and mot, audi know have my car back, they are to replace the dashpod and it will be FREE of any charges, thats FREE labour and parts, what a result. well we will see when i pick the car up.