HJ's long-term Econetic Focus test? - Waino
I read that HJ would be carrying out a long term test on the 1.6TDCi Econetic Focus - I wonder how this is coming along?

Mrs W's 1.6 petrol Focus is an excellent car so, naturally, we're very interested in the latest incarnation. After everything that's been said about TDCi/common rail engines, though, I'd be a bit nervous about anything that had been 'tweaked' even more.
HJ's long-term Econetic Focus test? - johnsnc
I've taken delivery of a Focus III 1.6 TDCi Titanium in the last couple of weeks. Currently loving it. Some really useful improvements over my previous Focus II 2.0 TDCi Ghia . You can actually read the dash when it is sunny for starters !
Not really missing the performance or the 6th gear but liking the way it is sipping fuel so far, even on the first fill up. Company car tax bill reduced too as < 120g . In my view it drives a bit better, maybe due to a lighter engine up front. It just seems a bit more nimble ... I'm on the standard 16" wheels on this one and had optional 17"'s on the last so that may contribute to the different feel of course.
HJ's long-term Econetic Focus test? - Waino
Thanks for the comment, John. Do you know how the 1.6 TDCi 'Titanium' differs from the 'Econetic' model?

Maybe HJ has given up on his test of the Econetic Focus?
HJ's long-term Econetic Focus test? - johnsnc
From what I recall at time when choosing and a quick scan at the ford site I think the differences are

- low rolling resistance tyres
- aerodynamic changes inc lowered suspension
- possible tweaks to the engine (although same 110bhp)

I read in one car mag that the benefits of all this are marginal over the standard car, and the ride was more harsh.