Insurance just gets cheaper and better - Paul531
Been with Dial Direct for a couple of years now.

See Yell.com / Yellow pages

My renewal arrived this week. I have over 16 years protected NCD.

Last year no European cover was included, it woulkd have cost an extra £40.

This year I intend to take the car to France. Europen cover {90 days} is now included.

The renewal is £40 less than last year and best of all 12 months full RAC cover {£120 on RAC website} is included in the price.

All this for less than £300 fully comp group 15 car.

I would suggest backroomers give them a call.

Paul

Insurance just gets cheaper and better - smokie
This looks very reasonable, where do you live? Orkney?

I went to a website which sounded like this name (www.ddirect.co.uk/ - Dial Direct Insurance) and which is a broker. I received quotes of £570 - £650. Maybe it's not the same place?

Have you any experience of a claim through them? I have my Omega MV6 insured with Direct Line for about £550 incl breakdown assistance (home start variety) and in two claims I have been very impressed with their processes (although NOT, unfortunately, their appointed repair shops).

PS In Google I also received a hit for a site called Direct Dial Divorce!!
Insurance just gets cheaper and better - CM
I got an on-line quote from DD for my gp 15 car. 7yr no claims. came out at £1500 a year fully comp. This is about x2 what I pay now!
Insurance just gets cheaper and better - The Watcher
A group 15 car, fully comp, protected NCB and Euro cover all for effectively £180 a year? I don't think so.
I'm sorry,my renewal was £294.72, so if you knock off £120 for full monty RAC cover, then that's £174.72.

I foung it hard to belive too. I checked to see if they had got my post code as Barra in the Outer Hebrides.

Barra has about 15 miles of single track road. I found the post code of a B&B in Barra on the Outer Hebrides tourist info web site.

Putting in this post code {instead of my owm - rural Lancashire} gave an addition £24.45 saving. I expect a Belfast post code would have the opposire effect?

Any way, try www.ddirect.co.uk for yourselves.

I 'phoned up to check the RAC cover. It would cost about £120 direct from the RAC {see the RAC web sire}, but Dial Direct {www.ddirect.co.uk/ } would normally charge £65 on top of a fully comp motor policy for this level of RAC cover.

If anyone one wants to post their E-mail address, then I'll E-mail them a scan of my renewal from dial direct.

Anyway I went to ther outer Hebs by push bike and between the islands by passenger ferry. The A688 is the only road {plus one or two very minor dead ends} and the circuit of the island is 13.4 miles, the airport run way is one the beach, and so the landings are tidal.

Cycled the to the Butt of Lewis, then Stornaway then cal mac back to Skye, over the Needle parked at Broadford, took in the Black Cullins from Elgol on the way. way an excellent 12 days, all car free.

Not yet been to Orkney, but plan to go soon

Paul
A group 15 car, fully comp, protected NCB and Euro cover
all for effectively £180 a year? I don't think so.

Insurance just gets cheaper and better - MarkyMarkD
Well I went through the pain of completing the online quote. £429 with Norwich Union through them with a NIL excess and *no *protected NCD.

Currently paying £359 with esure.com with NIL excess and protected NCD.

Not competitive at all.

This is on a group 8 Laguna in rural Leicestershire.

No mention of including RAC cover, or of free EU cover. In fact it says in the policy Ts & Cs that extra premium must be paid for use outside the UK.

Are you winding us up? Frankly the figures you provide bear no resemblance to the sort of quote they are quoting me. Who is the insurer in your case (as Dial Direct are a broker)?

Dial Direct don't even offer protected NCD - either it's guaranteed (at lots of extra premium) or it's not. And if it's guaranteed - there's an extra compulsory £200 excess. Great.
BTW Paul if you want to e-mail me that scan of your renewal, it's markymarkd@hotmail.com

I didn't mention it above but I also have oodles of years' NCD but have got 3 points and a recent (non-fault) accident.

Thanks

Mark.
Oops I need to put my brain in gear (motoring link!)

My e-mail is marky_markd@hotmail.com with the underscore. Sorry!!!!
Insurance just gets cheaper and better - The Watcher
It's obviously someone trying to get more hits on their website. No one else is posting a near competitive quote using this company never mind one that is lower.

As I said, £180 for a group 15 car? No way.
Just e-mailed a scan of my £294.72 renewal, incl full RAC cover, proteced NCD, fully comp Gropp 15 {Volvo 940 GLEi} to

marky_markd@hotmail.com

Their web site does say,

"24 hour Roadside Assistance & Claims Line, Emergency Helpline and a Windscreen Hotline"

If your quotes are higher, then I can only assume they are quoting me this figure as I have two other policies with them and that I have been with them for a few years now?

"It's obviously someone trying to get more hits on their website. No one else is posting a near competitive quote using this company never mind one that is lower". Says the watcher.

Who is 'someone' ? I have no connection with the compamy, other than as a customer. I am sorry if you are paying more. I tried quotes from 'insure' and several other companies on line. The next best quote that I got was over £360 with no breakdown cover. That's why I phoned dail direct to check, as mentioned above.

No wind up.

Anyone else want an email-ed scan of the £294.72 renewal notice?

Or ask marky?

Paul

It's obviously someone trying to get more hits on their website.
No one else is posting a near competitive quote using this
company never mind one that is lower.
As I said, £180 for a group 15 car? No way.

Insurance just gets cheaper and better - <0.One%
I tried 4 times to get a quote on their website.

Their system is totally user-unfriendly. I lost my input details at about two-thirds or three-quarters of the way and was returned to the first page! Yesterday afternoon, halfway through my second attempt, their system shut down and then told me they only give live quotes during certain times oof the day! Today, I made two more attempts, and failed to finish the form before being sent back to the first page. Due to the frustration caused, they have lost my potential custom forever.

Problems with their software - examples: There is no facility to go back a step, there are many questions to which the answer is not one of the options they allow, and so on.

I've had the scan from paul and apart from him changing his name (to protect his anonimity) and hiding the address, it looks genuine to me.

It is a 11 year old car (which I don't think he first mentioned) but even so it's a Volvo 940 2.3 estate which seems amazing value.

The breakdown insurance included is a renewal promotion not a standard thing. And his policy details are different to those they currently offer (like I said - can't get protected NCD any more, just guaranteed NCD).

The website is rubbish though, to confirm what <0.1% says. Why is "housewife" hidden among the occupations so you have to say type of business "Not in employment" and then occupation "Housewife". Not user-friendly at all.

What question is there no valid answer to though - I found them all in the end.

Oh and if you don't save the details of your quote within a certain period, it times you out and loses them all. GRRRR! I hate insurance quote sites which don't save as they go along.
Insurance just gets cheaper and better - Keith S
I tried them and a couple of other brokers.

They all quoted the cheapest price from Churchill aprox £550.

I tried Churchill directly and surprise surprise they were slightly cheaper!