Citroen AX - How much? - tack
My sister has a Citroen AX which is now surplus to requirements.

It is white, on a G plate, MOT until January 09, new front tyres, 46k miles on clock, 2 lady owners, excellent service history, really good body and interior, non-PAS.

Rather than call a scrappie to take it away, it would surely make a good runabout for someone who is not interested in being cool?

What do you reckon it would be worth?
Citroen AX - How much? - oldnotbold
MoT is worth £25-£30 a month I reckon, and there's an advantage in it being smaller/better mpg I'd guess.

It's made for Ebay. Bang it on tomorrow night for seven days with lots of good pics, starting at £0.99 no reserve, and I think it'll make £175.

Scrappie would give you £60 for it minimum if you drive it in, but it's too good for that. A keen DiYer could keep it running for a long time.

Edited by oldnotbold on 05/07/2008 at 16:58

Citroen AX - How much? - mss1tw
Whereabouts are you tack?
The car is in Ilford, Essex (so, east London if you will)

Forgot to mention it is under 1000 cc

I can take some photos of it and post them tomorrow if you like

Edited by tack on 05/07/2008 at 19:42

Citroen AX - How much? - adam f
Where are you based?
He's in the London area I think, judging by recent posts.
Actually, I should probably have asked where his sister is!
Citroen AX - How much? - Lud
Yes. I might even be interested. How much does she want for it tack?
How about an auction for it here on HJ?
Citroen AX - How much? - El Hacko
an interesting first - an Ad in Discussion before it even reached Classified
OK, just off the dog with me skin blister. 4 tyres have done 3000 miles since fitting, cam belt & gaiters quite recently replaced. There is a crack in the laminate on drivers side, but not in line of vision. She'd be happy with £150. Cheap motoring for 6mths at least I think, and quite likely much longer in the right practical hands.
Citroen AX - How much? - ifithelps
OK just off the dog with me skin blister. . She'd be happy with £150.

Tack,

£150 - shouldn't that be six ponies and maybe a deep sea diver for yourself?

Pie and mash only, don't accept any kites.

Now that you're holding folding, you can nip down the frog and toad to the rub-a-dub for a tumble down the sink.

Edited by ifithelps on 05/07/2008 at 20:51

>>Now that you're holding folding<<

ok, but don't ask me to sausage you a gregory, or the jam jar is a nix
Citroen AX - How much? - pendulum
The fact you have a number of people interested in it for £150 shows that the car could fetch more. It's even tempting me!
Citroen AX - How much? - corblimeyguvnar
Got to be worth a very very minimum of £200, on a good day could get £300 on ebay, put it on Freeads at £300, accept anything over £250?

Shame its not down South or I'd bite you hand off for it.

CBG
Citroen AX - How much? - stunorthants26
Small car with an MOT? Gotta be £400 ( take 350 ) worth if its cleaned up with nice pictures on Autotrader. Thats where ive always got the best prices - Ebay hits cheap cars hard unless its unusual. I got £475 for a 20 year old Micra with low miles earlier this year through AT.
Dont give that car away, you dont have to, small cars are sellers market right now.
thanks for the replies all. I have looked on autotrader, and all the AX cars on there were newer, but starting at about 160 for a non-MOT.

Thing is, my sister is in her 60's and she doesn't want a load of phone calls from Nigerians offering her a cheque for more money than car is worth, usual scam. She is wary of dealing with strangers, although I can be there with her...depending on day/time. We'd be happy for a back roomer to have it for a reasonable sum rather than have time wasters and other hassle.

A smaller amount from a known source might be better than being messed about by 10 people before you get the 1 buyer.
We're looking for a runaround at the moment so I will mention this car as it sounds ideal.
Citroen AX - How much? - Alby Back
Sounds like a good wee car for someone. My father in law had one from new which did him very well for a few years. I drove it a handful of times and while basic, it was a nippy and fun little thing.

We have a little piece of family folklore about it though. If you look at an AX from the rear the top half of the tailgate consists simply of the back window. The lower half is attached to the bottom edge of the glass. A design feature which helps the car to feel light and airy inside.

One day my FIL went to buy some wood for one of his DIY projects. The lengths of wood just fitted in the car by resting one end on the dash and the rest of their weight being taken by the tops of the passenger and back seat. Satisfied with his loading and being caught in a downpour he slammed the tailgate shut.

Unfortunately the wood was in fact fractionally longer than the available space. The back window smashed and in doing so the whole tailgate disintegrated and landed on his feet. He was left with basically a large hole in the back of his car where the tailgate should be in what was by now a fair imitation of a tropical storm. We did try very hard to be sympathetic but you know that feeling you first experience as a child when you know that if you speak you will just corpse ?

:-)))
Citroen AX - How much? - ifithelps
Tack wrote: 'A smaller amount from a known source might be better than being messed about by 10 people before you get the 1 buyer.?

In a used car bible, the above phrase should be one of the ten commandments,
Citroen AX - How much? - Clanger
My daughter sold her (my) M-reg 1.0 petrol AX for £400 in Nottingham a few months ago. It was a Spree model with loudly-patterned upholstery and and a sunroof and a scrape on each corner. It had less than 50k miles, new tyres and 9 months MoT. She took pics on her phone and sold it on the local Nottingham online press (can't remember the name). Her customer was a 17-year-old youth who had just passed his test and made a poor job of negotiating ("It's great, I've got the cash, I'll have it!") and repeatedly stalled it and kangarooed it down the street when he left.

I'm guessing that at that age your sister's car will have had the handbrake cables seize and they will have been replaced. Also beware the interesting gear linkage issue where one of the control rods drops off leaving you with 3rd and 4th gear only. Easily fixed at the roadside with a cable-tie, or a spring of the right length. They are nice cars with properly-sized seats and a pleasant ride. Expect to be bullied on the road by van drivers and reps.

Too good to scrap and in demand among new drivers. £250 on the open market, £200 to an honest backroomer is my amateur take on its value.
Citroen AX - How much? - Marc
I seem to remember the "Chicago" variant as being quite plush - alloys, velour etc. The other one I am aware of was the "Splash" usually in white - which was a basic model with loud seats and graphics.

Sounds like a nice little car.
Citroen AX - How much? - legacylad
Friend of mine had an AX for several years. When he scrapped it he gave me an (unused) Haynes manual.Not sure why!! If anybody from the BR wants it give me a call..07841 107892.Gratis.