93 1.3slx Auto - juddering & cuts out. - crazydoris
Wonder if anyone can help. We've had one mechanic drive this car for a week (doing over 60miles) and it never happened to him. Another tested it on computer but apparently the fault won't log until it happens twice on the same journey - as you have to turn off to re-start this is never going to happen !

So. Firstly there is a slight whine from the gear box apparently (I can't tell). Problem is though that sometimes, and there is no rhyme or reason when or why, you can be driving along at anything between crawling in queue of traffic and 40 ish and it judders, konks out and you have to coast into the curb (or push it). It does after a few tries start again and continue like nothing has happened.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's auto, hasn't done that many miles and has been no trouble in the two years we've had it - until now. The mechanic/garage say they can't fix it til they know what the fault is. I'd be very grateful to hear.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/07/2008 at 21:49

93 1.3slx Auto - juddering & cuts out. - karen r
mine does this as well n was told its the throttle body, theres a way to fix it urself just have a look on this site there is a link somewhere.
93 1.3slx Auto - juddering & cuts out. - karen r
www.honestjohn.co.uk/redirect.php?
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=56361
think this is the link