RTA advice - whathaveidone!
hello

Is it standard practice to phone , sketch and then give 2/3 interviews when the other party involved claims for injury ? Things requested include MOT drivers licence log book and interview at home/work ?

Any advice welcome !!!

Edited by whathaveidone! on 01/07/2008 at 23:14

RTA advice - Armitage Shanks {p}
Requested by whom?
Hello Armitage Shanks

Insurance company / agents for insurance company
RTA advice - Whisky
I would be wary of an interview at work.... assuming the car was private

Edited by Whisky on 01/07/2008 at 23:54

hello Whisky

yes non work related
RTA advice - Kevin
>Insurance company / agents for insurance company

Who's insurance Co. your's or the other party's?

Kevin...
Drivers own company or agents
RTA advice - Kevin
If it is your own insurance Co. then you are probably obliged to comply with any reasonable request that may help them minimise their losses.

What is classed as reasonable is another matter.

Kevin...
RTA advice - jbif
What is classed as reasonable is another matter.

Your Insurance Company will be looking to prove that all your statements on the proposal form were truthful and that you did not withhold any material facts which might have influenced their decision when they undertook to Insure you. In other words, no modifications to the car, no undeclared claims/incidents, car maintained as per T&C, car used and stored overnight as declared, etc. etc.
The primary aim of the interview will be to look for any get-out that the Insurer can find to avoid paying out the claim. From the experience of the pensioner as described in my other post, it was clear that the Loss Adjuster's attitude was that you are considered a liar [i.e. assumed to have lied on application form] until you prove that to have told the truth.

Edited by jbif on 02/07/2008 at 00:32

RTA advice - jbif
Insurance company / agents for insurance company

Every question you answered on your proposal form is likely to be checked for accuracy.
A pensioner I know [over 70 years old], who had never claimed in all their life on any Policy, was questioned by a "loss adjuster". The pensioner was born abroad [ in the same Colony as Cliff Richard and Joanna Lumley ] and was asked to prove:
1. date of birth, place of birth, married status, immigration status, date of arrival in the UK, employment status [i.e. proof that the person was receiving a pension as the person had stated "retired" on the proposal form]
2. year of passing test, proof of no claims history
3. car road-worthiness and proof of maintenance, including producing servicing log book and MOT, and evidence of annual mileage.

The loss adjuster insisted on a "home visit" for the interview, and had a very aggressive intimidating manner.

I do no know whether all/many/few insurance companies do this for some or all or a few random cases where potentially large sums are involved.

Edited by jbif on 02/07/2008 at 00:14

hello Kevin and jbif

I dont like the sound of that !!!

Alot of quesstions over a small prang.

Solicitor or own 'loss adjuster' needed ?

Edited by whathaveidone! on 02/07/2008 at 12:54

RTA advice - jbif
I dont like the sound of that !!!

Have you anything to hide?

>>Alot of quesstions over a small prang.
Care to tell us a bit more about the circumstances?
Solicitor or own 'loss adjuster' needed ?

Depends onthe answers to questions above.

Is it possible that the "blame" is not clear, and Insurance Company's loss adjuster may decide after the "interview" that you are not to blame and therefore there is no claim to worry about?