Vauxhall Discounts - Edd
Before I start I would like to say I am unaware of the most abbropriate plce for this request so if it needs mooving or gets flamed for being wrong soory.
My question is with regards to honest john saying that with vauxahlls sayin you should always look for a good discount. Could someone please tell me what is classed as being a good discount the question in particular refers to a Corsa SXI 1.2 petrol and SXI 1.7DTi. I am going for a test drive in the diesal (they have brought uit in for me as no other dealer seems to have one is this a point to show how keen they are to sell) but I am wordering what sort of price I should be aiming for should I try and get a price simliar to that of companies drive the deal.com or import prices also should I try and financ eht dela or use there 0% interst loan given that i should have the required deposit . I have no use for the years free insurance due to being 19 so that should knock the price down. ALso what sort of discount should I be looking at for accesories (Alarm or ABS). Many thanks in advance. Edd
Vauxhall Discounts - John S
Edd

I'd have thought at 19 the insurance would have been very worthwhile.

Try the on-line brokers for price. I recently bought an Astra via Broker4cars. Uk supplied car, full warranty, and a good discount with no problems, plus the then current £1000 Vx discount.

Regards

John S
Vauxhall Discounts - Ian (Cape Town)
Edd,
I hardly think you could call ABS an 'accessory'...

(ALso what sort of discount should I be looking at for accesories (Alarm or ABS).
Vauxhall Discounts - Edd
Just to clear up a few points
1. The free insurance offer is for 21years olds and up and so i cannot use there offer and so will have to accept £500 off instead (if only I could use the insurance quotes are about £1000 for me)
2. ABS is classed as an accesorie for the car along with the alarm althought certrol locking and imobiliser come as standard (I believe both should come as standard on the car).
3. The question with regards to accessory discount is to se how much I should be aiming to get the options for (I would like the protection pack which has extra airbags (I like the safty aspect), ABS and the alarm
MAny thanks to Honest John for answering my query and to thank him for the excellent website which is Free (one think the interent seems to be getting shorter of these days)
Vauxhall Discounts - John S
Edd

I did exactly what HJ has suggested. Local dealer started at retail, and when I mentioned the Vx internet site as being the starting point for discussion, grudgingly offered to match it.

So, it was onto the net, and Gary Bain came up with the goods. There was a discount (c10%)on the accessories I had (ABS + metallic). Luckily the dealer Gary uses had just the car on order anyway!

Regards

John S