TV advert finally! - stunorthants26
Having spoken to my local dealer, they said that Daihatsu didnt spend much on advertising here despite some good products that would sell better with better brand awareness but it would seem they have decided the Sirion is a potential money spinner as I just saw an advert for it, focus on the spec and cheap running costs.
TV advert finally! - tintin01
I have seen news adverts but not the tv one yet. We had a look at one on Sunday. We were quite impressed, felt solid and spacious. I must say the salesman was very, very laid back - he didn't want to come on the test drive, didn't ask what we thought, or ask about part-ex. Didn't make any attempt to sell us the car or anything. I had to stay with the kids who were asleep in the car, so I thought he might have offered to value our car as a trade-in, but no. He didn't seem to actually know much about them - I had read the engine was the same as a Yaris, but he couldn't confirm this.
TV advert finally! - stunorthants26
Thats is pretty much how Daihatsu sells cars I think, although our local dealer is slightly more willing than yours, but the no pressure, anything you want style I rather like myself.

I do like the Sirion myself, its a proper jap car and yes the engine is also in Yaris as far as I know, and Daihatsu is part owned by them.
TV advert finally! - ukbeefy
He didn't seem to actually know much about them
- I had read the engine was the same as a Yaris but he couldn't
confirm this.

Am always amazed by this...it's not as if a car salesman is selling a massive range of products from competing manufacturers. how come they don't know much about the say 5 models they do sell...are they actually interested in cars???? How would they manage if they had to work in the average department store and sell maybe 15 different brands of TV or fridge....
TV advert finally! - AlanGowdy
Am always amazed by this...it's not as if a car salesman is selling a massive
range of products from competing manufacturers. how come they don't know much about the say
5 models they do sell...are they actually interested in cars????

Absolutely agree. A salesman selling a range of 4 or 5 models from one manufacturer should know every last detail about the specifications or he should not be selling the things.

Mind you, try asking an assistant in an electrical store if the widescreen HD TV you are looking at has a proper 1080 line display and he'll probably not have a clue either.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/06/2008 at 01:52

TV advert finally! - tintin01
To be fair, the dealer also sold Kias and Protons. The showroom was crammed full of cars, so I guess he probably had around 12 new models to sell. Iwas a bit surprised at his attitude, but I must admit it was quite nice not to be pressured. On the way home we stopped at The Car People site - again, nice to look around without any pressure, though we didn't see anything we wanted to test drive.

Maybe it's age, but I can't be bothered with hard sell on anything these days. I want to browse at leisure and make my mind up at home later.