Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - jacks
I'm just about to look at a used car for my son, the vendor has told me that she is leaving the country at the end of June. The car in question was purchased by her from a dealer in Nov 07.
I'm concerned that she may have bought the car on HP from the dealer and she could be leaving with o/s amounts due.
I've no reason to think this - but I need to be sure with an HPI type check. What are the best one's? , are any cheaper than HPI? Do they all guarantee to pick up all o/s finance?

The amounts are relatively small, the car is advertised for £995 (1.0 GX Micra / 64K P reg)
so i'm guessing she paid the thick end of £2K last Nov, possibly in cash, but then again....

any thoughts

The car is present for my son.

J
Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - thomp1983
the rac do one for £5 which includes 7 days insurance with norwich union free, ideal as it's normally hassle sorting insurance on the new car when your insured on the current one etc.

www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/status_checks/

chris
Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - martint123
The cheap checks normally do not include an outstanding finance check.
Nor do they give any form of guarantee.
If you pay top whack for a check from HPI themselves, then you have some comeback on the information they give you. You pay though. Up to you to make that decision.
Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - DP
I always do the HPI one. Expensive, but as long as you accurately give them every piece of information they ask for, you're covered against any loss. The peace of mind is worth it IMHO.

cheers
DP
Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - rip
this topic is discussed on the mse website, the 5p offer has now gone, but still £5 is a bargain for a cheaper car.

see link below
tinyurl.com/3u7wpb
Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - Hairy Hat Man
"the rac do one for £5 which includes 7 days insurance with norwich union free"

Can you tell us where it says about the free insurance?
Help! about to view used car - best HPI type check - shadyarea
I done a £5 rac check on monday on a focus and it came back with outstanding fiinance.Gave the name of the company in this case bank of scotland, gave the phone number and aggreement number gave them phone and they told me they have no finacial intrest in the vehicle. Everything else was fine i.e reg mark,chassie number,current mileage which was correct. Not recorded stolen by police not recorded theft by insurance company and no total loss or recorded repairs.Purchased vehicle today now sat out on driveway