2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - Jase
Hello,

Our Ford Direct C-Max 2.0TDCi will be out of warranty shortly and I have just enquired to the cost of extending it to a 4th year (no price yet though!).

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Ford 4th year scheme? Is it the same level cover as the Ford Direct? Is it worth the paper it's written on?

Reason behind move is it's a common rail diesel, so I'd like to be covered if anything along the lines of turbo, dual-mass flywheel etc etc. gives up!

Thanks as ever.
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Common rail diesel? Extended warranty? Got to be the way to go but the third party ones are notoriously hard to get claims paid on, allegedly! Perhaps Ford's own would be better. These policies do not have a good record for customer satisfaction.
Just phoned Ford Direct. Any 4th year warranty will be a dealer offered one underpinned by a 3rd party insurance company, not a Ford Direct one.

So looks like it will be inferior to what I've got. Will wait and see what they offer and examine small print.
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - drivewell
Jase.......

My Mondeo TDCi (2.0 litre / 130bhp) turns 3 years old on July 1st. I will certainly be getting a warranty, probably from Warranty Direct, as they seem to get a good reputation.

Armitage Shanks......

Does your comment apply to all warranty providers? If you've heard anything bad about Warranty Direct, I'd like to know before I give them £300.
Drivewell...

Thanks. Have just called them. They want £310 for our C-Max. Seems a lot but they seem to have a good rep on this site.

If you start their warranty from the day the Ford one ends, WD categorise you as continuous cover, therefore they waive their 90day get out clause. Something to note.
Also they are offering interest free monthly payments this month and you can get this price for 3 yrs, so save a bit there (potentially). Our car is <30k miles so qualifies us for a particular style of policy (they only both listing exclusions). I have no idea if this changes when the car goes over 30k miles.

No callback from the garage re: their own offering yet.

2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - Shaz {p}
I would check the terms and conditions. Aren't Ford dealers notorious on blaming misfueling for all fuel system related issues? Not sure if the DMF is covered (again, this could be put down to wear and tear, as a get out clause).
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Naming and shaming policy prevents me from making a specific comment. Suffice to say that I don't think any of the companies in this area are renowned for ease or speed of claim handling not do they send cheques by return post!
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - audi dave
I bought a 3 year old 1.6 TDCi CVT auto from a Vauxhall main dealer with a 12 month aftermarket warranty in July last year. Here's a list of the warranty work done in year 4 so far:

Gear selector replaced (£400)
Cluster Firmware update (£50) to correct false "low fuel" warning
EGR valve (£350)
Washer motor pump(£150)
tailgate release switch(£65)
heated rear window(£280)
PCM upgrade (£75) to correct hesitation problem

I've probbly been unlucky, but I'm very glad I had that warranty, which has paid out with no quibble every time.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a further extended warranty myself. The auto gearbox is my worry. £3,500 for a replacement if anything major goes wrong. £300 a year doesn't look to bad for me with that thought.
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - Optimist
Don't know what you have in mind but I thought some after market warranties have an "any one claim" max less than your gearbox. Worth a check.
Well I decided to take the warranty out. opted for 3yr rolling policy payable monthly which is interest free as they have an offer on. Can cancel with a months notice.

I will keep you updated on the performance of Warranty Direct in the event of a claim.

Cost £310 annually for our 28k mile C-Max Ghia 2.0TDCi. Cover described as "luxury care".
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - movilogo
If you've heard anything bad about Warranty Direct, I'd like to know before I give them £300

I don't think moderators will allow ranting on WD here (as their ad is displayed in this site)!

Experience on them varies but they are infamous for refusing many potentially valid claims (you will find lots of stories about WD in moneysavingexpert forum).
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - Falkirk Bairn
My son made a claim against an "Extended Warranty Co" Policy - water pump.

The did pay for water pump less an excess (£50 IIRC) but funnily would not pay for the re-fill of Anti-freeze! I defy anyone to replace a water pump and not have to buy anti-freeze.

Many years back my MB single sweep wiper went berserk and jammed itself to the window surround, burned out the motor - Ins Co paid for motor but I had to fork out £20+VAT for a wiper blade!

So they can pay out but not 100%.

Friend had cover on a Mondeo Diesel - Well known Ins Co said policy did not cover injectors so he paid £750+ to get it fixed before selling on.

Moral - check exclusions before taking on a £300 commitment
2.0 TDCi - 4th year warranty worth it? - CGNorwich

My last car was C-Max 2.0 TDCi. At 3 years 7 months and 37,000 miles the DMF needed repacing as a cost of around £950.