05 1.3 Emission system `show stoppers?` - oilrag
Thinking of going to France/Italy, later in the year, in the 2005 1.3 multijet van.

Now I have the gendan fault code reader in the car I`m getting interested in what could be done to keep going in certain situations.

Questions,

1) Am I right in thinking the MAF, Turbo Boost sensor and EGR, can trigger codes, put the car into `limp mode` but not actually cause a breakdown?

2) I know that if the MAF goes faulty, I can read the code, pull the plug and carry on at normal power (out of limp mode) what about the boost sensor and EGR valve? Can they be electrically disconnected in limp mode to recover something approximating normal power?

( I`m thinking of it going into limp mode a long way from home in a remote area)

Any tips? in general for common rail diesels, if not for this specific engine.

Thanks

Edited by oilrag on 10/06/2008 at 22:19

Any chance that anyone can comment `in General` if not Fiat specific?

Cheers
05 1.3 Emission system `show stoppers?` - Screwloose
Questions

1) Am I right in thinking the MAF Turbo Boost sensor and EGR can trigger
codes put the car into `limp mode` but not actually cause a breakdown?

A/ Yes; but usually only the boost sensor.
2) I know that if the MAF goes faulty I can read the code pull
the plug and carry on at normal power (out of limp mode) what about the
boost sensor and EGR valve? Can they be electrically disconnected in limp mode to recover
something approximating normal power?

A/ Disconnecting the MAF rarely helps; disconnecting the boost sensor won't help and the EGR probably won't default to limp.

Frankly; those 3 are the least of your worries anyway with a [probably] Indian-built Multijet.
Poland ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by oilrag on 22/06/2008 at 12:36