Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - Nsar
Just wanted to let people of likely delays on Thursday morning peak due to mass go-slow protest by bikers on M60 and trunk roads into the city

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1052029_bik..._

I make no comment about the validity of things like this - I just wanted people to be aware so perhaps the mods will treat this as an alert rather a contribution to the fuel tax debate - maybe make it read only straight away?

{Please continue discussion in the current "Fuel costs & surrounding debates" thread}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/06/2008 at 15:23

Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - NowWheels
The oil companies have increased their share of the petrol price by about 20p/litre in the last year, but these guys are protesting about the 2p tax increase. Shurely shome mishtake?

Edited by NowWheels on 01/06/2008 at 01:43

Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - oilrag
Time to stop these protests that mess other peoples lives up. I wonder how many will miss a Holiday flight on that day and have their summer ruined. There ought to be the Political will to allow police to stop it. I mean, it`s not France, is it?

IMO, Protests can be done effectively by other means, such as writing individually to MP`s and the Media and submitting petitions without badly affecting other road users.

I sometimes suspect that `on the road` protesters are getting a buzz out of taking over and forming convoys. How many I wonder have individually taken the trouble to use a pen?

Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - Happy Blue!
..........Time to stop these protests that mess other peoples lives up. I wonder how many will miss a Holiday flight on that day and have their summer ruined.....

Hmm, I happen to be on the M60 going to the airport that morning.....I will not be very happy if I get delayed.
Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - b308
IMO Protests can be done effectively by other means such as writing individually to MP`s
and the Media and submitting petitions without badly affecting other road users.

They can be, but the Gov seems intent on "not hearing" when people write to them and submit petitions - we had the same when they closed our A&E, but they did listen when we kicked 'em out at the next election....

Agree with your other sentiments, btw!
Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - zm
Time to stop these protests that mess other peoples lives up. >>

Wrong. Time to stop these governments & politicians that mess other peoples lives up.
Go-slow Protest In/Around Manchester Thursday A.M. - Round The Bend
Book 'em for obstructing the highway!