1994 2.0i MOT Emission failed on C.O. ? - Granada Cosworth
1994 Ford Granada 2.0i DOHC 8 valves
Failed on C.O. and thinking it's the single Catalytic Converter, is that right ?
See here - please click onto the link - thank you!
i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/ForeverFord/Emissi...g

Edited by Granada Cosworth on 30/05/2008 at 16:39

1994 2.0i MOT Emission failed on C.O. ? - John S
lambda's OK, HC's OK, more CO on fast idle?

Air filter?

JS
1994 2.0i MOT Emission failed on C.O. ? - shadyarea
I had a sierra sapphire 2.0ltr DOHC years ago took, it for a rolling road tune and my emissions was high every time they adjusted it and rolled it again emissions went high turnt out to be the potent meter which controls mixture, it was bolted on drivers side inner wing if this is of any help
Thank you and I will get this look to it by booking to my local Bosch Diagnostic Garage.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/05/2008 at 19:34

Air filter?

Fitted with a brand new 'drop in' K&N air filter only used up to 34,000miles.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/05/2008 at 19:35

1994 2.0i MOT Emission failed on C.O. ? - Screwloose
The way the reading dropped on the second fast idle test would make me wonder how hot the cat was?

Before spending on a new cat; get the oxygen sensor reading checked and the in and out temperatures of the cat - should be 50C hotter coming out.

Edited by Screwloose on 30/05/2008 at 18:38

Mmm...I should've said had a Head Gasket leaks few days ago, althought it is now sorted and I'm wondering if the old Coolant have killed the Catalytic Converter off or even made a mess on the Hego Sensors reading even so it's passed on them ?
snipquote - no need to quote each and every time

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/05/2008 at 19:35

...so has anyone been in a situation with failed Catalytic Converter by Head Gasket failure or their car had been in a flood ?

A flood?? Can we have the complete story please?
lol! what I have heard if a parked vehicle fitted with Catalytic Converter(s) has been caught out in a heavy rain storm where some flood is likey to happen, it will damage the C/C straight off because it's placed underneath the vehicle where the rain water can get into the Exhaust pipe(s).

Edited by Granada Cosworth on 31/05/2008 at 01:35

Utter tosh; the only way that a flood can damage a cat is if you drive through deep water and the thermal shock of the red-hot cat contacting the water causes it to shatter.

Even that is almost unknown.

However; a head gasket weeping anti-freeze into the cylinders can damage both the cat and the oxygen sensor.
Passed !!

It's was the dead Catalytic Converter and a new one have made the different!

Thank you to all!

Cheers!