Network Q question - midlifecrisis
I've seen an Astra 1.4, 55 reg on the network Q site as a replacement for Mrs midlife's Getz. The only problem is it's over 100 miles away. Are Vx dealers amenable to moving a car to a local dealer, or do you have to commit first. It's not a bad price for a dealer buy (assuming I can get something half decent as a p/x for the Get)
Network Q question - jc2
Why not ask them?
I have now...just thought it would save me going out in the rain. They were adamant I would have to buy from the supplying dealer. The salesman didn't even offer to see if he had any similar cars. Strange really, I wasn't exactly fighting my way through the crowds.
Network Q question - oldnotbold
"Strange really, I wasn't exactly fighting my way through the crowds."

No mfr bonus in selling SH. You probably looked too rich to need finance too, so nil chance of anything in it for him.

Edited by oldnotbold on 28/05/2008 at 15:20

Smacks of laziness to me. Rang the dealer and the car's gone anyway. (If it ever existed) I got an immediate "that's been sold, but we've got others". Surprisingly, significantly more expensive.

As for looking rich....I prefer debonair :)

Edited by midlifecrisis on 28/05/2008 at 15:59

Network Q question - Round The Bend
Turn up in uniform. That may get their attention!
Network Q question - Lud
Better still in full riot regalia, waving a taser or firearm and bawling incomprehensible, urgent orders behind your misted-up visor...

Gives a whole new level of meaning to 'debonair'

:o}

Edited by Lud on 28/05/2008 at 16:40

Network Q question - Martin Devon
I have now...just thought it would save me going out in the rain. They were
adamant I would have to buy from the supplying dealer. The salesman didn't even offer
to see if he had any similar cars. Strange really I wasn't exactly fighting my
way through the crowds.

On a serious note I had cause to seek a van some years ago and inquired of Nidd Vale Motors up north somewhere of a van they had on their books. As a huge cynic I have to say that I was impressed by the salesman's attitude. He basically said that he would describe it in as much detail as I wanted and that they would have it delivered to my door (Devon) and if it was as described they would expect me to accept it. If it wasn't they would get the driver to bring it back. The guy actually spoke my language and not a load of bull.

No I didn't proceed, but bought new, but their price was not a million miles off of the mark.

Good luck MLC

VBR.....MD