Parking in front of drives - paul2007
Hello

The Highway Code states:

DO NOT PARK in front of an entrance to a property? - Highway Code point 217

However, I'm not clear re having your droppedkerb partially blocked, ie, you want to turn left, but can't because a vehicle is artially blocking your drive & have to go right. Same scarion when reverse parking, you have to turn around & reerse park.

What about a high, big van parked right on the edge of your drive & making it dagerous to pull outas you are unable to see traffic?

All help appriciated.
Thanks

Edited by PoloGirl on 26/05/2008 at 17:31

Hello. I'm desperate. It's the BH so a bot qt.

Pls help.
Parking in front of drives - Harleyman
Do you know who owns the van? If so go and politely ask them to move it.

if you don't know, there are ways of finding out who own it via the reg. number, or you could perhaps ask your neighbours.
Cheers

The bloke is nasty and lives on the other side of the road.
Parking in front of drives - Stuartli
Inform the police - they will regard it as a case of obstruction.

Also let them know what your opinion is of the neighbour involved - will come in useful in the event of any further problems.

I had the same problem with the next door neighbour, who had two Transit vans and two cars which were parked anywhere on the road they could occupy.

The police made it clear to this particular neighbour (now thankfully living somewhere else) that they would not tolerate any abuse of obstructive parking.

After that life was very much easier, especially reversing out of my drive...:-)
Parking in front of drives - MikeTorque
I agree with Stuartli .
Parking in front of drives - jbif
Inform the police - they will regard it as a case of obstruction. Also let them know what your opinion is of the neighbour involved - will come in useful in the event of any further problems

You best hope then is that the neighbour is not like Keith Brown, or that the Police and CPS do not fail you like they allegedly did when Brown allegedly caused a lot of problems for the neighbours. "Prosecuting authorities were accused in court of repeatedly failing to sustain convictions against Mr Brown and Mr Barker ...... ?the neighbours from hell?.

groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.politics.misc/browse_...1

Edited by jbif on 27/05/2008 at 12:08

Cheers all

I've laised with the 'Community Safety Uint' officers.

I willsee how things go & ay request they pay this fool a visit but fearful of bcklash as this fool does not regularly partially blocks drive.