97 1.8 alarm malfunction - essex man
I have a problem with my factory fit alarm. It is running continuously after changing the alternator. The sounder is on, hazards flashing and alarm indicator light is on continuously. The car can be locked from outside with the key, but cannot be unlocked. Neither front door will unlock with the key. Any help would be gratefully received.
97 1.8 alarm malfunction - Dynamic Dave
Not sure if the following is of any help to you?

www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmProbs.htm

97 1.8 alarm malfunction - essex man
Well, I fixed the alarm/locking problem. But the car is reluctant to start. It does start eventually, and when it does it seems ok. But sometimes it starts first turn of the key, other times it is still trying after about 30 turns. I have noticed that the fuel pump and cooling fans run continuously with the ignition lights on until the engine eventually fires. Any ideas!
97 1.8 alarm malfunction - Screwloose

The ECU holds the fan and pump relays off until it wants them. If it goes to limp mode, then it just lets them go and they run full-time.

Make sure that you haven't got something shorting the 5-volt reference circuit and dragging down the voltage. A fried exhaust gas pressure sensor after a blocked cat is one common one.