Renault Espace Heater Matrix - M.M
1996 Espace 2.0 petrol with air-con.

Something in the back of my mind tells me one of the backroomers was involved with changing one of these heaters (last year?).

I know the book time is 7hrs and the dash has to come out. Guess it's going to be a major pig whichever way you look at it.

David W
Renault Espace Heater Matrix - Dave N
Dave, run, and run fast, without looking back.
Renault Espace Heater Matrix - Clanger
David
Have you tried Bars Leaks or are you professional types above that sort of thing? It kept the BX 16V radiator watertight for a couple of months after the rad. was damaged by some low-flying slate and I can't believe the heater matrix would be damaged that badly.
Otherwise it's the Dave N plan.
Good luck.
Darcy.

A bird in the hand - could be inconvenient.
Renault Espace Heater Matrix - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I had to have part of the dash out of my espace just to change the stupid clutch master cylinder arrangement. Pain in the ass or what!Take Dave N's advice and tell your customer to visit his local main dealer! The only way I would EVER contemplate doing this sort of job is if it was on my own car.
Renault Espace Heater Matrix - M.M
Well I have added Radweld Darcy, but told the customer it was unlikely to do anything or work for long if at all. It just seemed worth a try.

So guys I know we've had the comedy soundbites (as I would give you in the same circumstance) but what is so terrible about this job?

After all it's only nuts. bolts, screws, clips, wiring and so on. Given a weekend and a calm workshop surely I'm going to hack it????

David W