95 2.5td Seems very slow - darrenwall
hiya , i just bought a discovery 2.5tdi manual but it seems very very slow . iv never driven one before so i didnt really know what to expect but i thought it should be better than what its like . my brothers shogun 2.8 will leave it for dead and im a bus driver and it feels slower than most of the old buses i drive . the turbo does spin up cos u can hear it when u rev it upto 4k but its not very loud . does anyone know what i should be looking for thanks
95 2.5td Seems very slow - adverse camber
not knowing how slow, I have to say that they are very slow. Maybe go test drive one at a dealer and see if its any faster?
95 2.5td Seems very slow - elekie&a/c doctor
Check the air filter,very common for them to collapse and cause a resriction of air flow.hth
95 2.5td Seems very slow - doctorchris
Test drove a new one of these in 1993 and decided not to buy because it was dangerously slow getting out onto roundabouts and the like,so you don't surprise me.
95 2.5td Seems very slow - gordonbennet
I know some of these have had the fuel settings altered to provide a little more, helps a lot, brings the torque in at much lower revs, can't remember whether its chipping or just richening the pump though. Maybe worth a word in the ear of a good LR indy.

95 2.5td Seems very slow - Whisky
"Small" Landrover diesel engines have always been carp.
95 2.5td Seems very slow - gozling2
Have just joined the forum and having a bit of a mooch around and saw your thread, sounds to me as if you could have a couple of problems here (easy fixed though).

1. could be that under load the intercooler to turbo intake hose is collapsing (they perish inside) giving reduced intake to engine.

2. The intercooler could need flushing out (sometimes they get a build up inside with an oily substance and need to be cleaned out, normal). I can let you know how.

3. I believe there is a modification you can do too the fuel pump (Td's) which would give you an extra 25bh, can be done by anyone with moderate mechanical ability, could give you a link for this.

Hope this helps let me know if i can give you more info, Regards.

Gozling 2