00 1.8 Wipers not switching off c/l problem - bromine
Hi, just bought a BMW 318CI E46 on W reg. The windscreen wiper is very annoying. When you switch it on and try to switch it off it does not stop. You can only stop it by turning the ignition off. However it does not switch itself on, thankfully ! Is this a relay, wiper stalk or something? Please advise

Also the passenger door is not unlocking with remote locking, so i can only unlock it from opening inside. But it locks fine. Is there a cable doing this? Or do i need a new lock mechanism?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Webmaster on 19/05/2008 at 22:32

00 1.8 Wipers not switching off c/l problem - Pugugly
Central locking may be programmed to do just that, a second press of the button should release the lock. It can be re-programmed through the key but its a dealer job.
00 1.8 Wipers not switching off c/l problem - bromine
Hi, thanks for the reply but the second press did not release the lock. I did hear the lock was sort of trying to move though.

I also found the wiper seem to switch on intermittently when you use the remote control to lock the car as well.
00 1.8 Wipers not switching off c/l problem - Pugugly
That's not right ! I think you'll need an Autoelectrician. I did read once that the stalks were a known weakness on early E46s