Insurance for under 25s? - smokescreen
Hi all,

I'm 23, with 3 years no claims and have been driving for 3 years.

Earlier in the year, I did a quote to find my insurance for an Xsara 110 HDi to be £300 for the year, TPFT , with 12k mileage.

I've just ran a quote via insuresupermarket, confused, direct line and elephant, and the best I can find is £420 ... which is the same as I paid last year?! Probably a side effect of the credit crunch, I suspect.

I'll be doing 6k/yr in miles when I start my new job, however dropping to 6k miles makes about ~£10 of difference, so might as well keep it to the 12k mileage.

Any suggestions for insurance companies to check for young drivers?
Insurance for under 25s? - freakybacon
!st quote, Liverpool Victoria are usually ok.
1st Quote - £564, Liverpool victoria £1170 (!).
Insurance for under 25s? - thomp1983
try churchill, if you buy online through quidco you'll get a further £100 off aswell

chris
Churchill , £728 - 628 after quidco.
Insurance for under 25s? - dnc1781
Speedily compare 120 quotes + possible cashback

Try
tinyurl.com/33glp2
MoneySavingExpert.com - car insurance
Insurance for under 25s? - jc2
Some of these internet quotes tell me that the company I've been with for years won't quote me!!
Tried all but tesco's, using quidco my quote is down to £380 which isnt too bad.
Insurance for under 25s? - DP
Endsleigh were always favourites for under 25s when I was that age. Admiral and Adrian Flux are always worth a pop too, although Admiral are on most of the on-line services so you've probably had a quote from them already.

I think all of my mates, and myself were insured by one of those three at one time or another.

Cheers
DP
Endsleigh are the one giving me the best quotes - using cashback site Quidco takes it down even further. Forgot about Adrian Flux , but they're not open today so I'll try tomorrow.
Just tried Adrian Flux, £400 without rebate, unlimited mileage and legal cover too!

Asked about the effects of a remap for this policy - remapping my HDi from 110 to 150 = only 10% extra on the policy, which I can request and pay for just before I get any remaps done.

Not bad at all!
Insurance for under 25s? - DP
Heh heh. Nothing changes. :-)

Maybe I'm not as old as I think.

Cheers
DP
Insurance for under 25s? - daveym
I'm surprised. I'm 24, no no claims, driving an old base model Ka. Direct Line ~£650, LV policy is under £500.

That said, I did a quote recently for an Ibiza GTi Cupra (basically a Golf GTi 8v but without the badge or boy racer stigma) and my quote was £1200 or so - I expected a rise but not that much - so I did a prospective quote as though I was a new customer on the ka and it came in at £700. I've only owned it since january!