2008 1250 Diesel - Opinions sought. - Crinkly Dave
Hi

Need to swop cars, and for many reasons one of these on company hire scheme seems the most apt for my needs. I am not a FIAT fan, but as I will be giving it back in 3 years, I can cope with most problems, but just wondered if anyone out there can give feedback on mileage and reliability.

I have read HJ's guide

Thank you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/05/2008 at 01:42

2008 1250 Diesel - Opinions sought. - oilrag
Hi Dave,

you could look on the Fiat Forum for detail, there`s a GP section.

In your situation, on company hire, the biggest issue would likely be the Dealer. Is it a good one? how near and convenient to where you live? Is there an alternative dealer within reach. is it a good one?....

A few weeks back Fiat allegedly came bottom in a survey of Dealers, regarding communication and 2nd from bottom overall.
That when massive efforts have been made to improve them over the last couple of years.

The GP can seemingly have lots of irritating niggles that don`t seem to get sorted on the production line or PDI. On the Fiat forum allegedly just one thread on faults runs to over 350 posts.

An excellent engine though although the seats and suspension seemed over firm to me (loan car)

The two stage electric power steering is great. If you leave it on the city setting is changes seamlessly at around 30 mph.

Would I buy one? No. I am a Fiat fan but the GP has seemingly not been the best in the range for unsorted faults continuing to come off the production line.
Buying Used, its allegedly in the `baseball cap back to front zone` with some young owners who seemingly do damaging things to their cars then part exchange before the warranty is up, leaving an unsuspecting family to pick up the damage.

Some dealers are good, some allegedly are not. Do you really want that? In your situation I would be hanging around the dealership a lot, sussing them out.

But is it worth the effort?

Good luck with your decision.
2008 1250 Diesel - Opinions sought. - Ubi
If you could stretch to a Bravo, FIAT are offering five warranties...
2008 1250 Diesel - Opinions sought. - Peter S
Or possibly 1 warranty that lasts 5 years ;-)

Peter