03 1.8 - slight kangarooing - dougieboy
my car seems to kangaroo(like not a smooth acceleration or deceleration) for a second or so ONLY when i put my foot on or completley off the accelerator, it will do it when going at any speed putting foot on or off the accelerator(noticable when in slow moving traffic), my car is a vectra c 1.8SXi 03 plate it has been on the tec 2 machine and was saying (fuel trim)the engine managment light was on so has had lambda sensor cleaned and throttle body cleaned the light has not come back on.even had the ecu reprogrammed by vauxhall(is now a lot quicker btw), but still no difference.plz help this is the only niggle with my car and it drives me nuts

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/05/2008 at 01:38

03 1.8 - slight kangarooing - Screwloose
If the MIL was on and there was a fuel-trim code; then you have a fault. [Cleaning the oxygen sensor is pointless......!]

A small air leak is one possibility; TB may be along later and know the likeliest spots to look on this model.

Edited by Screwloose on 01/05/2008 at 19:57

03 1.8 - slight kangarooing - dougieboy
thanks will be waiting patiently for help
03 1.8 - slight kangarooing - V69
Not sure if I can be of help but my 02 1.8 behaved like that when I first had it. I put it down to my ham footed clutch control on, at that time, an unfamiliar car. It only happened a handful of times in my first few weeks of ownership, then it stopped happening and, touch wood, the prob has not recurred.
Please be assured I'm not casting any aspersions on your driving Dougie, just recounting a similar experience and the outcome.
Good luck in sorting it.