96 1.25 LX Problems in starting car - SuziG#
Have had my car now since june last year, and have had a few problems with it. Basically, everything was grand with my car, she passed her mot 2nd time around, so lately its been in and out of the garage quite a lot. It stood unused for like 10 days at the airport, picked her back up, started fine and drove to work. Then since then every time really when Iv gone to start it up, its not cranking over, and the lights on the dash are coming on and nothing happening. Itll then take a couple of go's, like 10-15 seconds of trying and sure enough shell start up fine and run fine. Rang my mechanic today and he said to try my spare key as the chip might have gone in the other one, but that didnt work. I don't think its the battery since it wouldnt start at all if it was?
Any ideas of the prognosis or what could be causing it not to start up straight away?
Thanks
96 1.25 LX Problems in starting car - Peter.N.
Do the lights go out when you turn the key? if so, check your battery connections, if not, could be ignition switch or a bad connection somewhere.
96 1.25 LX Problems in starting car - SuziG#
No the lights do not go out when I turn the key, they come on and stay on as long as the key is in the ignition.
96 1.25 LX Problems in starting car - Railroad.
Sounds like a bad connection on the starter motor. Remove the small terminal, clean and re-connect it. Then try it again.......