07 1.4 Window Rubbers - clank
My wifes Jazz is just over 12 months old.

Since new, she has had to wipe any moisture off the outside of the door windows. Opening & closing the widows does not remove any rain or dew from glass.

With the drivers window half open, I can see a gap between the glass & the window rubber. I confirmed this by pouring a kettle of water over the glass & saw water coming out of the holes at the bottom of the door.

This was pointed out the the dealer at the cars first service. My wife was told that this was normal due to the 'curved' window glass & that the one of the salemans Civic was the same!

I konw that this can't be right & was wondering if this is a common problem with Honda window rubbers..
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - mike hannon
Sounds pretty usual to me - curves make life difficult.
That's why there are drain holes in the door bottoms and sealing membranes behind the inside door casings to protect the mechanisms.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - mustangman
A lot of cars have a "kink" in the guides for the windows, that pulls the glass clear of the seals, ie: slightly inwards as it goes down. I think this is to prevent undue seal wear.
If you watch the glass as it comes up it will "kiss" onto the seals as it stops.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - Bill Payer
I think this is to prevent undue seal wear.

It also prevents muck on the seals scratching the seals.

I recall reading that doors are generally designed to be "wet" now - so they are designed to allow water to flow through, rather than trying to prevent it getting in in the first place.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - Bill Payer
It also prevents muck on the seals scratching the seals.

That should of course say that it prevents the windows from being scratched.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - clank
Oh, well, guess I was wrong but I can't help thinking that this is a potential corrosion problem in the future.

My own car is a MKV Golf & it 'clears' the windows prpoerly.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - Dynamic Dave
Oh well guess I was wrong but I can't help thinking that this is a
potential corrosion problem in the future.
My own car is a MKV Golf & it 'clears' the windows prpoerly.

What's the betting the same amount of water gets inside the doors of your Golf as the Jazz. That's why there are drain channels in the bottom of the doors to let it out again.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - cakewalk
the wife has an 02 reg Civic 3dr that does exactly the same

just got to live with it I think
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - oilrag
HA HA... It seems....Honda and VW badges battle it out over the window seals ;) Toyota badge can`t come in to gloat cos its part of the far eastern `reliability umbrella` and feels uncomfortable.
Skoda badge would like to back up VW, but sits aloof..before checking its got the same seals.

Thomas the tank engine peers out from the tunnel and wonders which of the bigger engines will now blow a boiler ;)

Regards;)
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - bathtub tom
As I understand this.
The rubber is up against the glass with the window closed, minimising water ingress to the door.
Opening the window moves the glass away from the rubber thereby minimising scratching of the glass.

I assume whoever designed this guessed you wouldn't have the window open in the rain, I don't, and wouldn't like those annoying, little, vertical scratches on the glass.
07 1.4 Window Rubbers - Julian
This is not a fault - Its designed like that !

Exactly as other posts have said - prevents scratches etc.