Tyre price inflation - doctorchris
For a good while now I've bought my tyres through the internet from European suppliers and had them fitted locally, saving a good deal.
However, as our puny pound drops in value, the internet prices are shooting up and this option becomes less viable.
My problem, well, I like to fit all-weather tyres to my Panda 4x4 and these tyres are not easily priced with the usual UK chains.
Has anyone else noticed inflated prices on their tyres which will, basically, be summer tyres if supplied by UK chains?
Tyre price inflation - L'escargot
Tyre (price) inflation ~ good pun!
Tres ennuie, mon petit escargot, mais je te mange bien, avec buerre et l'aile!
Tyre price inflation - PhilW
"avec l'aile! "
Better with garlic?
Oui, bien sur.
Tyre price inflation - PhilW
"Has anyone else noticed inflated prices on their tyres which will, basically, be summer tyres if supplied by UK chains? "

We've just had 2 new Michelin Energy 16 x 205 x 65 tyres fitted to the Xantia Exclusive and strangely enough commented that they were actually the same price as the last ones we had fitted 4 years ago - and we got those in France because they were so much cheaper than here. Cost was £72 quid each fitted/balanced etc and another oddity - they were bought and fitted by our local independent garage rather than a "tyre fit" place because he said they were getting close to limit when he did the MOT.
No doubt several people will now tell me that was a high price - but it seemed decent value to us.......
Tyre price inflation - P.Mason {P}
I had a pair of tyres fitted only this afternoon- Vredestein Hi-Trac TLs-they cost £35.52 each. An identical pair bought three years ago at the same dealer cost £30.00 each. I don't think that's an unreasonable increase.

P.