2004. 1.5 dci uneven brake shoe wear - hogan1
hi, could anybody tell me why there is uneven wear on my rear brake shoes . passenger side shoes are showing about 4mm of wear left on both shoes but the drivers side are down to the metal but only on the one shoe. ive been to my local fast fit centre who says this isnt normal but doesnt know why!.vehicle has done 51k and the old pads were ferrodo
2004. 1.5 dci uneven brake shoe wear - thomp1983
is the worn shoe the handbrake shoe? possibly the cable on that side has been over adjusted at some point and has been sticking on so has worn quicker, then this has scrubbed off and due to normal wear it's now down to the metal earlier than the rest?

chris
2004. 1.5 dci uneven brake shoe wear - hogan1
im not 100% but wouldnt the handbrake use both the left and the right brakes?.
2004. 1.5 dci uneven brake shoe wear - thomp1983
it would but the setups differ from car to car, for example my bmw uses 2 cables that can be adjusted independently from each other so it would be possible to over adjust one cable so it that side was slightly dragging and the other side not. this would mean from the outset that the side over adjusted would wear quicker than the side not.

as said im not familiar with the setup on the kangoo but the above could be a cause if applicable

chris
2004. 1.5 dci uneven brake shoe wear - bathtub tom
OK, I'll stick my head above the paprapet:

The side with one shoe down to metal. Would this be the 'leading' shoe? In which case, it will wear quicker than the 'trailing' shoe.

The side that's not so worn. Sticking piston?

Edited by bathtub tom on 06/04/2008 at 00:28