Gladiator or Superman - who was driving ? - hillman
A local rag reported that a Mercedes CLK collided with a tree. The driver, male, was unable to climb out. He was dressed as a gladiator in a red skirt, armoured breastplate and sandals. A passing taxi driver stopped and pulled free the driver just before the tyres of the Mercedes exploded, setting fire to the trees above. The gladiator then left the scene aided by three other males in a minibus. The next time the gladiator was seen he was in the hospital A&E accompanied by another male dressed as Superman. In a recent court case the defence lawyer, female, said that it was doubtful that the gladiator was driving the CLK.
Two questions
1. Who was driving it ?
2 Why am I never invited to parties ??

Edited by Pugugly on 03/04/2008 at 19:42

Gladiator or Superman - who was driving ? - Jonathan {p}
This happened on a road I take every day on my commute. I bet he wished he'd hired Mr Loophole though, he's been found guilty!
Gladiator or Superman - who was driving ? - Nsar
Check-out the photo - priceless

"he was later found in a Macclesfield hospital, drunk, with a cut to his head and singed hair, looking 'like the cartoon character Wile E Coyote', Pc Gary Turner told Macclesfield Magistrates' Court"

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1043675_dri...n

Gladiator or Superman - who was driving ? - JH
(2) you've got knobbly knees and you will insist on wearing a gladiators outfit?
JH
Gladiator or Superman - who was driving ? - hillman
Thank you Jonathan & Nsar, can you shed a little more light ?

I saw the accompanying photograph, it was just a white glare with pink surround, nothing clear. How do tyres explode and set fire to trees ? It must have been some party.
Gladiator or Superman - who was driving ? - AlastairW
This must be a fabrication by the gutter press. Such things could not happen in Prestbury, surely. ;}