54 reg 1.8 Mistral 5 Door Estate - feedback wanted - Dobiesmon
Hi
I am looking at this on monday anyone own one good / bad it has had one owner and 40,000 miles, 1.8 petrol, what is a guide price do you think

{tweak to subject line to include car using drop down menus, and nature of question being asked - DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/03/2008 at 22:51

54 reg 1.8 Mistral 5 Door Estate - feedback wanted - dnc1781
what is a guide price do you think

Have a look at autotrader.co.uk
54 reg 1.8 Mistral 5 Door Estate - feedback wanted - Blue {P}
The Mistral was basically an LX but with alloys and without cruise control.

Not a bad car in all honesty, I always quite liked them as a limited edition, the 1.8 engine does need working a little to make the car move but it's pretty economical for a petrol car.

Hi
Thanks for the help I was going to see it today but have come across another with only 22.485 miles and much nearer also £700 cheaper , so going later today .

I have not brought a car for 11 years , question I would ask is has it been in a crash ( if yes walk away ) , how many owners , and how long the warranty , any others question I should ask .
you know woman buying car salesman rubbing his hands with £££
54 reg 1.8 Mistral 5 Door Estate - feedback wanted - Alby Back
If you like it, and I would say from your previous comments that this car could be ideal for your needs, you could get it properly checked over by the AA or similar for a fee. If you plan to keep it a while the additional cost would almost certainly be worth it for peace of mind. In summary though, these are usually very good cars but it is well worth having a second opinion. Don't be too swayed by mileage. These cars are capable of huge mileages without drama. Go on condition and service history. Check the obvious things like the condition of tyres etc. If there is evidence of kerbing on the wheels or too many dings in the bodywork that might indicate a less than careful previous owner.

Good luck, don't buy it if you have any doubts, there are plenty of these about.
Hi
Well the car had not been to well looked after by the 3 other owners so came away , so will keep looking around , I also fancy the Honda Jazz but notice they hold there price but a great little car and with the back seats folding up could come in very handy .