Little things that prevent a purchase - carl_a
My cash was ready and waiting, price almost right, deal nearly done. Then I got put off by the smallest of things.

The Colt CZ1 is almost 2 years old with no problems (apart from a few rattle in the dash), with the Mitsubishi service deal at £150 it doesn't cost much to trade in for exactly the same car again, so I was ready to have one after a few calls.

Browsing the pictures of the latest model, I've found a difference or two. They've replaced the gear stick surround with a black one, no problem. Then I found out they've removed the little storage area from around the seats; oh dear, it's left me puzzled and put off buying another. I'm sticking with my present motor for a few years now; funny how little things put me off.

The old version had no coat hooks and the big metal bar in boot is dreadful but why Mitsubishi did you take out such a useful feature so save a few pennies more...

Anyone else been put off for buying a car for little reasons?
Little things that prevent a purchase - b308
Yes and similar ones to yours - I was holding off for the new Fabia Estate when I went and checked out the new model hatch, which was also missing a lot of those "convenient" little storage areas in the old one! So I've ended up with one of the last of the old ones as I knew it suited me well...

I'll now be looking carefully at the alternatives in 5 years time - the Clio estate should be around by then......
Little things that prevent a purchase - Bill Payer
Browsing the pictures of the latest model...

Nope, never been put off by things like that!

One thing I would say though, is don't rely on pictures - we've found various differences on cars over the years, at least a couple to do with storage changes, funnily enough.

May I ask what kind of deal you were looking at to change? We like our CZ1, except for the baulky gearchange, which the dealer says is fine, but I gather they don't all do it.

Edited by Bill Payer on 26/03/2008 at 18:19

One thing I would say though is don't rely on pictures

I've confirmed that the storage bits are missing over the phone too.

My deal was 2k to exchange, for a CZ1 3dr with 12 months tax and 3 year servicing plan, my trade in car is CZ1 3dr with 16.5k miles. They do still have fields full of them but many garages have stopped 6k new and have increased the price to 6.5k

My gear change is perfect still, only the reverse isn't great but I put it in 1st and then reverse which is always perfect.

Edited by carl_a on 26/03/2008 at 19:49

...but many garages have stopped 6k new and have increased the price to 6.5k

Thanks for the other info.

Gallaghers in my area (Chester and Warrington) were still advertising at £5999 in the last couple of weeks.
>>>
Gallaghers in my area (Chester and Warrington) were still advertising at £5999 in the last
couple of weeks.

I checked them out, if you call, they say 6.5k ... 6k stopped in February
Even says so on their site now www.gallaghers-cars.co.uk/

Edited by carl_a on 26/03/2008 at 21:03

Little things that prevent a purchase - Mapmaker
The best storage area I've ever found on a car was on my Audi 100, under the steering wheel. ideal for cash - both hidden out of the way, and easily accessible.
I checked them out if you call they say 6.5k ...

Hmm..I looked yesterday and their website was showing Colt Sport (must be their own special - CZ1 with alloys) at £6499 but that's gone today too.

They usually have a front page ad in the motoring section of the Chester Chronicle - I'll try and remember to look tomorrow.
Hmm..I looked yesterday and their website was showing Colt Sport

I just found it again: www.gallaghers-cars.co.uk/specials.html

Although I realise this is the dealer site, I have felt unhappy at Mitsubishi ads in newspapers where they show one model and the price another. I know many manufacturers do this, but there was a Colt one doing the rounds and there wasn't even any small print disclaimer.
Little things that prevent a purchase - Optimist
I was thinking about a Hyundai Coupe but the instrument panel was illuminated an odd blue colour and I just wrote the car off my list of possibles for that reason.
Little things that prevent a purchase - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Blue is blue.I love blue. Same blue in my Hyundai coupe as in the Passat.
Are your eyes perhaps over sensitive to this end of the visible spectrum?
If so, turn the brightness down!

Little things , err rude salesmen, lack of
demonstrator vehicles....

Little things that prevent a purchase - 659FBE
I was very displeased when I first saw a Skoda Superb with a view to purchase that it didn't have a proper clock - just the VAG trip computer display which is not visible to all, does not always tell the time and in my case, is not accurate.

I did see sense, bought the car because it was right in every other way for its job and went to Argos. For a modest sum, I bought the cheapest plain large wrist watch, discarded the strap and stuck it to the dashboard with bluetack. Job done.

Little things that prevent a purchase - Optimist
Blue is blue.I love blue. Same blue in my Hyundai coupe as in the Passat.
Are your eyes perhaps over sensitive to this end of the visible spectrum?
If so turn the brightness down!

I did. Still too blue.
Little things that prevent a purchase - Alby Back
"Little things that prevent a purchase" ..........I married one !