Shell V-Power Diesel - LinuxGeek
I just wanted to share my own experience with the v-power diesel which I've been using on/off for last 3 weeks. I filled up the car with v-power diesel (fuel tank was almost empty). Drove the car and after few miles I could feel the smoothness and a bit of extra power in particular when driving in 3rd/4th gear. Then I filed it up with the normal shell diesel and the car felt really rough and loud. Drove it until the tank was empty and filled it up last night again with the v-power diesel and this morning I could feel the same smoothness, bit of extra power and the quieter engine.
As far as getting a bit better mpg is concerned I haven't really experienced it but I'm quite happy with the mpg my mazda is returning.
So I think I'll stick to v-power diesel for now. Just would like to know what others think of it and if anyone prefers v-power diesel over bp ultimate or vice versa?
Shell V-Power Diesel - Ravenger
I've tried Shell V-Power Diesel, and BP Ultimate, and not noticed much difference in my 1.8TDCi C-Max. Probably the engine isn't 'refined' enough to make a difference...

I do fill up occasionally with them though, mainly for the extra cleaning additives (saves having to put millers or another diesel additive in the tank), but with the price of Diesel skyrocketing the extra they cost is getting harder to justify.
Shell V-Power Diesel - A11DNL
Try BP Ultimate next time! (Even better in my Clubman diesel.)
Shell V-Power Diesel - kithmo
I use Shell diesel extra, with a dose of Millers in it all the time. When my local Shell station got the V-Power diesel I tried a tankfull (I still put a dose of Millers in with it). I immediatley noticed the difference, with the V-Power in the power was down at low revs (less torque) and the engine had a distict roughness to it, it did however pull stronger at the top end, over 3000 rpm, but I rarely drive it in that rev range so it was no advantage to me. Next fill up was back to the normal Shell Diesel extra with a dose of Millers and all was well again, smooth and more responsive at low revs.
I am normally a fan of "super fuels" and I used to use Shell Optimax petrol in my previous V6 Mondeo and it did run better on it but the V-Power diesel doesn't seem to work for my TDCi.
I did once try BP Ultimate petrol in the V6 and got a similar detrimental effect to the above, power loss and roughness, so maybe some engines respond better than others to certain blends of fuel.
I can't help thinking that the dose of Millers in with the V-Power could have had a detrimental effect and I'm sorely tempted to try it again without the Millers, but I rely on the Millers to lubricate my CR pump and keep it safe (touches wood).
Shell V-Power Diesel - Pendlebury
Bil reckons his A3 tdi is totally different (in the +ve sense) on shell v power - although I have to say it sound very rough generally but then I'm used to Honda petrols which are very smooth.

Edited by Pendlebury on 26/03/2008 at 18:21

Shell V-Power Diesel - Statistical outlier
I found v-power to be well worth it when driving in town. I.e. off boost a lot of the time and stop start driving. The off boost pull was improved enormously.

On the motorway I didn't notice much difference, but mpg did improve from about 41 to about 44. Probably just about cost neutral, but I have to admit that I tend to just go for Shell Extra.
Shell V-Power Diesel - Hamsafar
I virtually always use Shell Diesel Extra with Millers Power Sport 4, I did try the V Power diesel a couple of times, but couldn't tell the difference. I have since read that adding more cetane enhancer (Millers) to the already high cetane V power may have been a waste of time, as go over around 55, and it starts to have a negative effect.
Shell V-Power Diesel - Pugugly
Starting to use this on the Roomster, definitely smoother.
Shell V-Power Diesel - Alby Back
I can absolutely feel a benefit from using Shell standard diesel over other brands. Much smoother. Not tried the V-Power yet. Not sure you're allowed to buy it with a standard credit card are you ? ;-)

Paid £1.119 today for Shell normal but saw it in another garage this PM ( non motorway ) at £1.179 !
Shell V-Power Diesel - OldSkoOL
Always use it

My engine is already very quiet and refined but i do notice it revs smoother and defiantly revs higher, basically has power for longer.

Defiantly makes the most the most out of my 180bhp and in the meantime keeps the engine / injectors cleaner. MPG is the same of maybe a little worse.

But for an extra 3 or 4quid a fill up it doesn't really bother me.

Shell V-Power Diesel - Mad Maxy
Defiantly despite your efforts/input? :-)

I'm just coming to the end of my first tankful of V-power diesel in my 320d (14K on the clock). I thought at first that it made the car a bit more flexible but now I think I was imagining it, and consumption is no better.

I'll try another and see how it goes.
Shell V-Power Diesel - kithmo
>>
I have since read that adding more cetane enhancer (Millers) to the already high cetane V power may have been a waste of time as go over around 55 and it starts to have a negative effect.

Interesting Hamsafar, my suspicions were correct then, the millers could have had a detrimental effect, I'll give it another try without the Millers. Although for the sake of lubricity I won't be running on V-Power every tankful, I'll put a tank of Shell diesel extra with Millers in every so often.

Shell V-Power Diesel - boxsterboy
The V6 in my Merc C320 CDI is so smooth and quick anyway, I don't need to try and improve it with premium fuels ;-)

Well, actually my local Shell garage doesn't sell it!

Which is a shame because Shell Drivers Club have sent me vouchers that give me extra points (money back) if I use V-power.

Edited by boxsterboy on 27/03/2008 at 21:26

Shell V-Power Diesel - Falkirk Bairn
Well actually my local Shell garage doesn't sell it!
Which is a shame because Shell Drivers Club have sent me vouchers that give me
extra points (money back) if I use V-power.

Shell had a National Launch of VPower Diesel - but you may as well have missed it - their website missed it - it was 3/4 mths out of date last November. I have not looked in the last few weeks but in Feb it was stil out of date - there was a PDF File in county order with some of the V-power sites - £14Bn profit and they cannot generate a website that promotes their Premium Product?

What would ity take? A Post code query that would give you the nearest site - could be run up in a matter of hours - Shell probably have a committee of 20 Highly paid execs looking into it!